MB-n-KC
    @

I have a homemade tattoo on my ankle. Its 2 inches by 2 inches. Anyone have one removed? How much did you have to pay??
    I live in the midwest!
    I was told that there are many things to consider. The Dr. would/could not quote even a ball park price.
    I’d like to hear from people who have had one removed that is similar in size and can tell me what they paid. Thanks for your help!

Marilyn B
    @

There are several variables: What kind of ink was used? How old is the tattoo? How big is it? The color of your skin, as well as the depth to which the tattoo pigment extends, will also affect the removal technique. All this is taken into consideration by the doctor who would, most likely, use a laser to remove it. My son was quoted $250 dollars to remove his tattoo on his calf because it was big and would require more than one session.

tallcoolone
    Participant
    @tallcoolone

I am getting one removed in Memphis, TN. The cost here is about $300 per session. Home made ones are supposed to be easier to remove. If you wanted to travel, the Dermatology Realm in Memphis is doing a really great job on mine- no scarring at all.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Hi, I’m from the UK so price may not be relavent but I had a home made tatto removed from my ankle, 4 letters and about 2″ in size. I’d had it for 15 years and was done with pen ink, but hammered in pretty heavy. Anyway the treatment took 5 sessions to get it completely removed at £125 per session. I did notice that the nurse I got on the day made a huge difference to the outcome of each treatment. I was happy for them to just blast the shit out of it and get rid, but when they had the machine turned down I could feel the difference and see less of a difference over the few month between each treatment. Took about a year in all.
    I’ve since had other treatment and we agreed on a price beforehand as its run into thousands of pounds so makes life easier and more affordable.
    Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.