second I
    @

…removal? The tattoos r just letters.? i want to get some tattoos removed by laser, but i am not sure if it is painful or not, or how much it would cost. See, the tattoos i want to remove are just letters. There is 6 letters on my knuckes which spell “SEC” on my right hand, and “OND” on my left hand. They spell my name in english. I also have MS on my left hand right between my thumb and pointer finger. Any one know where i can go have this done and how much it would cost? I live in the Owatonna, Minnesota area. Any advice would really be helpful. Please serious answers only. I really want to do this so it wont look so bad when i try to get a job. I know some places dont mind, but honestly i regret having it done. But what can i say, I was younger at the time and thought that it was cool. Im older now, and honestly i dont like them anymore. I do have other tattoos, but they get covered up with pants, so im not gonna get those removed. Well, any advice i can get, i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

umuhidk
    @

hmm….
    well.
    it would cost a lot.

lovelyrj7
    @

Complete removal of a tattoo is based on several things. This is based on the size, location, the individual’s ability to heal, how the tattoo was applied and how long it has been in place. Newer tattoos are generally more difficult to remove than old ones.

Tattoo removal is big cosmetic business and as such is not covered by any medical insurance plans. Tattoo removal is much more expensive than tattoo placement. Laser tattoo removal can range from several hundred dollars up into the thousands of dollars, depending upon the size, type and location of the tattoo and the number of visits required.

Laser treatment usually does not take more than a few minutes. However, multiple sessions are required to remove most tattoos. The multiple sessions are split over 4-8 weeks, depending on the size and complexity of the tattoo

Hope this helps! 🙂

Chrishica
    @

I’m not sure but I think they do something similar to skin resurfacing…which is $500 a treatment at a dermatologist and you have to do several treatments…But I’m not positive, I just know my dermatologist does tattoo removals….There’s a career to go into, because all these young people who ran out and got tattoos when they were 18 are probably going to be looking into getting rid of them when they are about 35. You could be rolling in cash!!!!!

Aimeemay
    Participant
    @aimeemay

Hey,
    I am a reporter writing a story about tattoos.
    I am interested in talking to people about tattoos you regret, stories about covering them up, living with a bad mark or even learning to accept them.
    Would you be interested in chatting with me quickly about your experience?
    If so, please e-mail me asap at heckela@dailycamera.com or call 303-473-1359. My name is Aimee Heckel. This will be for a tattoo magazine.

Thanks!

mariaryi
    Participant
    @mariaryi

@second I 13115 wrote:

…removal? The tattoos r just letters.? i want to get some tattoos removed by laser, but i am not sure if it is painful or not, or how much it would cost. See, the tattoos i want to remove are just letters. There is 6 letters on my knuckes which spell “SEC” on my right hand, and “OND” on my left hand. They spell my name in english. I also have MS on my left hand right between my thumb and pointer finger. Any one know where i can go have this done and how much it would cost? I live in the Owatonna, Minnesota area. Any advice would really be helpful. Please serious answers only. I really want to do this so it wont look so bad when i try to get a job. I know some places dont mind, but honestly i regret having it done. But what can i say, I was younger at the time and thought that it was cool. Im older now, and honestly i dont like them anymore. I do have other tattoos, but they get covered up with pants, so im not gonna get those removed. Well, any advice i can get, i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Although laser treatment is definitely a much safer, less painful and more successful way of removing tattoos than other conventional means, it is a fallacy to think that it can all be done in a jiffy.

The amount of time and the number of laser treatments required to remove a tattoo depends on several factors such as:

The color of the ink: This determines how many laser treatments you would require to undergo. Black and blue colored tattoos can be removed easily whereas green and yellow pigments are harder to remove.

Tattoos made by professional tattoo makers: These use better quality ink and equipment, so they are harder to remove as compared to street tattoos.

New tattoos: It is more difficult to remove a new tattoo rather an older one as the pigment in the new tattoo is likely to be denser.

Size of the tattoo: The amount of time and the number of laser treatments required also depends upon how big or small is the size of your tattoo

Depth of ink: How deep the ink is injected

• Laser tattoo removal is relatively painless procedure as compared to other methods.

-Although tattoo removal by laser is costly and requires multiple sessions, but at the end of the day it ensures that the process is relatively painless and bloodless. In this procedure, targeted tattoo is exposed to the intense pulses of light delivered by laser. This laser energy results in destruction of the ink pigment while ensuring minimum damage to the surrounding skin.

Always make sure to get it done from a professional who has vast experience in the field of laser tattoo removal.

Here is the link that might be helpful :

http://www.rethinkyourink.ca/our_laser.htm

Cost will depend on the size, ink and location of tattoos.

tat2begone medical group
    Participant
    @tat2begone-medical-group

Since I don’t know how big you tattoos are, I can only go by what you are saying it shouldn’t cost too much. Here at Tat2begone in California we go by the size of you total ink, meaning we scrunch all your ink together and give pricing. First inch is $75, second and there after is $35 per additional inch. Professional tattoos average from 8-15 treatments, street tattoos can be removed with as few at 8 treatments. Everyone person tattoo’s are different and results do very. I am sure there are laser centers in your area that give free consultations. For more info check us out at Tat2begone.com or email me at info@tat2begone.com

Kelly

mandymoon12
    Participant
    @mandymoon12

this is a bit hit and miss but i found this website and it may help if it does what it say

http://www.prevalstore.com/

i hope this works i know its not laser but it may be an alternative good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.