Juju
Participant
@juju

Hello! Sorry if this question is in the wrong place… I wasn’t sure where I should put it. :3

Anyways, I’m Juju. I’m almost 26 years old, and I am wanting to get my first tattoo. (Kinda ashamed that my 6 years younger brother got one before me. xDD)

What my question is, is whether the design I have picked out (it’s a photograph) could translate well to a tattoo. I was told I should ask a tattoo artist about this specific idea.

Obviously I’d have to redraw it, or something (which I’m not worried about. I’m a digital/traditional artist), but would this idea translate well to skin? Or is it too detailed?

Another question I have is about the colors. Are these colors (the purples and turquoises) possible on skin? (I’m very pale.)

Thank you all in advance for your answers! <3

EDIT:

Here’s a preliminary idea of lines for this:

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

In my opinion it wont make a strong tattoo. You will have to find a tattooist that can do hyper realism

Juju
Participant
@juju

Well, I was hoping to get a style more like this?

Someone told me that since tattoo lines widen over time, that the lines I made last night (second picture in the first post) probably wouldn’t work because it’s too detailed?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Theres an artist in atlanta i follow who does work like this all the time. @blaynebius . I would recommend letting the artist draw it.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Juju 146560 wrote:

Well, I was hoping to get a style more like this?

Someone told me that since tattoo lines widen over time, that the lines I made last night (second picture in the first post) probably wouldn’t work because it’s too detailed?

The only way lines widen is when the tattooer goes too deep and the ink spreads out under your top layer of skin. (It’s know as a blowout)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.