KjLucy
Participant
@kjlucy

Hi,

I just wanted a bit of advice really. I’m in the middle on getting a back/side piece done. I’ve done two sessions of about 5 hours and I have my next one this Friday. The first session was fine, I coped well, but the second, I was in agony from the start! I mean it really hurt, so much so that after only 30 mins I was feeling sick and woozy. So much so that I was thinking “Im never getting tattood again!” in my mind 😛 So now I’m dreading my next session 🙁

I just wanted to know if sometimes you can just have a bad day where it hurts more? Anything to put my mind at ease! I got quite ill the few days after with a heavy cold, so I’m wondering if that had anything to do with it? Any advice would really be appreciated.

IMAG0869.jpg

Dan
Participant
@dan

pain can vary in just a couple inches,and yes,IMO pain can be dealt with differently from day to day,putting yourself in the right frame of mind is really important IMO,dealing with the pain is 90% mental for me.

before the second session,did you sleep well the night before ? did you eat a good meal before the tattoo ? did you pre-hydrate the 24 hours leading up to the tattoo ? did you drink alcohol the night before ? did you eat sugars(M&M’s/Skittles,etc,etc ) during the tattoo ?(this is REALLY important IMO)

and how long did you wait between the sessions ?

all these can have huge effects on how you feel during the tattoo,you need to also prepare mentally.

btw,pretty fuckin’ cool tattoo and welcome to the forums.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

For continuing a tattoo I like to have three weeks in between sessions. Your skin may look healed on the outside, but deeper down your skin is still stressed.

Nice tattoo!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Make sure you are well rested,hydrated and fed before going. Skipping one of these can lead to a miserable session

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Man you guys have it made. I work third shift and NEVER get a good nights sleep before a session and they generally start at my bedtime. It sucks. Power thru!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.