Avantgarde
Participant
@avantgarde

Hello there.

I had this tattoo (link below) done 4 days ago in memory of my father who died recently. As you can see the line work is quite shaky (the young lady was an apprentice I believe and yes, I know I should have asked to see her work beforehand-its the only time I have not done so. Lesson learned). The owner of the studio has agreed to touch up the tattoo in about a month once it has healed but…

Would making the lines thicker ruin the piece completely? Any suggestions on how I can make it look better would be greatly appreciated. I have considered covering up the wings with more elaborate ones but I don’t want it to end up looking a like a bruise.

Thank you kindly.

Avantgarde82’s Library | Photobucket

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Do you have a full pic of the tattoo it is hard to see how thickening the lines will affect it from a close up

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Even checking their work, if you accept a tattoo from an apprentice you kinda just have to accept it’s probably not going to be anything spectacular, if you want good work go to a fully fledged and experienced artist with a good reputation and solid portfolio. Maybe you should just live with it?

pidjones
Participant
@pidjones

I’ve seen (much) worse. Hell, I HAVE much worse! It’s not all that bad and certainly should wait at least a month before touchups. Was your father perfect? I’d let the imperfections in the tattoo represent his.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Eh, thicker lines won’t do much good. Doing them better however, probably would. Straighten out detail, get some shades going on in there to clean it up and even out the lines, done by a GOOD artist, it could turn out good.

Avantgarde
Participant
@avantgarde

Hi there everyone, apologies for the late reply.

The tattoo is now three weeks old and with the healing process the uneven line work is not as noticeable, in fact even I can barely see it. BUT…It still isn’t as I had hoped. I do appreciate your comments and do agree that my father was far, far from perfect. Also, yes seeing as though she was an apprentice I should have been a bit more open minded to any potential mishaps. Maybe you are right, it’s a lesson learned and maybe I should just live with it? LOL!

I have attached another image, in the folder below. It isn’t a fabulous shot but hopefully you can tell me what you think. I have saved up enough for a cover up/reworking of the piece and I have found the right artist should I choose to go down that route.

Avantgarde82’s Library | Photobucket

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looking at your other pics nobody is going to notice unless they are rubbing baby oil on your legs while gently massaging your calf and leg while you lay there face down lost in thought of the excitement that is about too happen for the next couple of hours.
On another note you may want to get another pass on the solid black areas in a month or so as it looks a little blotchy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.