James_
Participant
@james_

Hi, I got a tattoo today that was meant to be small and neat but after an hour I noticed that the lines were getting thicker and colour was showing basically behind the tattoo. A few hours later it was really noticeable so I did a few Google searches and it seems that the tattoo is “blownout”? I’ll try to attach the photos that I have so its easier to understand but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks 🙂

Tattoo not long after it was done:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pau0b4qvn1emz4e/2015-07-26%2019.38.05.jpg?dl=0

Tattoo a few hours later:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk1w1x09za8vsnr/2015-07-26%2019.37.12.jpg?dl=0

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, textbook example of a blowout!

1) Never go back to the clown who did this one.
2) Don’t do anything to it til it’s fully healed. (Minimum of three months)
3) Look around for a good tattooer.
4) Keep us posted.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Was that done at a shop? Yes it is a blown out mess. The only things to do is get it redone with lines thicker than the blown lines, get the tattoo covered up (tough to do due to location), Laser it off, Start wearing a glove. But you must go back to this guy and kick him firmly in the junk.

James_
Participant
@james_

Wasn’t done at a shop :/ so lazer isn’t an option? Any coverup suggestions? Police force was a dream job. What can be put on that’s acceptable or is it a no go at all with hand tattoos?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@James_ 144908 wrote:

Wasn’t done at a shop :/ so lazer isn’t an option? Any coverup suggestions? Police force was a dream job. What can be put on that’s acceptable or is it a no go at all with hand tattoos?

yes laser is an option I believe I mentioned it. How old is it? If we are talking you got drunk and did it last night go soak your hand in water for as long as possible for the next 2 days.

Dan
Participant
@dan

hopefully being on that part of the hand it will mostly “fall out”.

James_
Participant
@james_

That’s pretty much the best explanation for what happened �� will try that, does that remove the ink?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Some of it

James_
Participant
@james_

Thanks. Any chance of the blowout fading?

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

No the blow out is here to stay

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Like Dan said, hopefully some of the ink will fall out. Lots of sun will help to fade it, too.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@NorCalDan 144911 wrote:

hopefully being on that part of the hand it will mostly “fall out”.

If any ink falls out, it will be the original line work. The blowout, being deeper, will be there for good.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@James_ 144920 wrote:

Thanks. Any chance of the blowout fading?

Sorry as others said the blow out will be the last to fade

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

If you wanna be in the police any hand tattoo is generally a no no I would think! I didn’t check to see what country you are in but the police here (uk) have some funny rules about what and where you can have tattoos. My advice would be, soak, heal, laser. You don’t need to have had it done at a shop to get it lasered off, its a separate thing from a completely different person, it costs money and its hurts like fuck but you’ll learn your damn lesson about letting your drunk mates tattoo you in their kitchen just for “lols”

Next time make better life choices! lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.