maxemoo
Participant
@maxemoo

A friend of mine has got numerous tattoos that have been done over the past 25 years, all of which have healed with no problems.
His has had his kids names tattooed on his bicep – 2 of them were done back in 2011 by the same artist and the most recent one was done in the last 6 months by a different artist.
The first 2 healed fine, but, the last one has bled out and it looks like there is a blueish bruise round it.
Apart from the different artist for the 3rd one, the only other difference is that he is on a steroid inhaler for asthma. Could this have caused it to bleed out from the lines.

Hope you can help

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Sounds like a blowout, but it’s hard to tell without a photo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Have your friend post a pic of his tattoo.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

it could just be bruising if the tattoo is new, i bruise like a peach but if it has blown out it may be a case that the new artist has pressed too hard. not a whole lot you can really do about it. if you get it touched up by the same guy you risk him doing the same again but now all of your lettering is even bigger and no longer matches the other.

Post a pic and lets see how bad it is?

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

The steroids absolutely could have done it, also a combination of caffeine, nicotine, alcohol etc. the bicep is sort of sensitive, his artist likely just had a heavy hand. Unfortunately the blow out will remain, and the bruise may take up to 6 months to go away. My inner arm was bruised for almost 6 months because the location is sensitive, and my artist had a mighty fucking hand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.