Jessica L Spindler
Participant
@jessica-l-spindler

I got an industrial piercing and after about a year it still didn’t heal. I went to the dermatologist and he said my skin rejected the piercing. There was nothing I could do and it had to come out. I want to get a tattoo and I’m wondering if my skin will reject that too? It’s funny because I have my ears pierced. I have 3 piercings in my lobes. So why did my skin reject the industrial piercing?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

No

…….

thefairy
Participant
@thefairy

Nah it should be ok. But consulate a doctor before.
However piercings and tattoos are totally different. Key is having good after care as well.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

^^ she means consult…

And she’s correct that they are completely different things but you dont need to consult a doctor. Only way to find out if there’s going to be a problem with being tattooed (which if you go to a clean reputable shop there shouldnt be) is to go and get tattooed.

I’m allergic to everything, i have terrible skin, certain types of soap bring me up in a rash, hair dye, allsorts, but i have never had an issue with tattoo ink.

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

You will only know by getting a tattoo, get a small one in a hidden place and wait a couple of weeks before you go back before. Rejected ink looks like a terrible flesh eating disease (atleast my friends did) I would cry if my body rejected a significant portion of a tattoo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.