Ilovemyink
Participant
@ilovemyink

Hey guys, my beloved dog passed recently and I really want a tattoo of her paw print on the sole of my foot. I know that this is a difficult area to get done with regards fading due to the differences in skin layers. However, the majority of posts I’ve read about this area are a good few years old. Has anybody on here had any experience with foot sole tattoos, and if so could you shed any light on their ability to last if done by an experienced artist? Cheers.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Why the bottom of your foot? Its going to hurt a lot and probably wont last very long. Why not get it somewhere where itll last?

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Ilovemyink 144197 wrote:

Hey guys, my beloved dog passed recently and I really want a tattoo of her paw print on the sole of my foot. I know that this is a difficult area to get done with regards fading due to the differences in skin layers. However, the majority of posts I’ve read about this area are a good few years old. Has anybody on here had any experience with foot sole tattoos, and if so could you shed any light on their ability to last if done by an experienced artist? Cheers.

sorry for your loss,that’s a tough thing to go through,

like was said,I agree the bottom of the foot is not a good idea,

my dog is alive,but I put her pawprints on my neck,had her step on an inkpad then paper.

neck33.jpg

I saw a tattoo the other day of a dog print on the top of a foot,looked pretty good there,like the dog was standing on her foot,walking with her in a way.

Ilovemyink
Participant
@ilovemyink

@NorCalDan 144203 wrote:

sorry for your loss,that’s a tough thing to go through,

like was said,I agree the bottom of the foot is not a good idea,

my dog is alive,but I put her pawprints on my neck,had her step on an inkpad then paper.

neck33.jpg

I saw a tattoo the other day of a dog print on the top of a foot,looked pretty good there,like the dog was standing on her foot,walking with her in a way.

Thanks for the replies guys, Yeh that’s exactly why I want on in my foot, with the words “we’ll walk together forever”, her foot on mine, I just wanted it kind of ‘pad – sole’ as it’s just a more personal tattoo. I Don’t mind the extra pain, it’s just the concern of it not lasting. I wouldn’t mind getting it touched up every few years but not every few months 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.