honeyspider
Participant
@honeyspider

[lang=sv]Hi!

Three days ago i burned my tattooed arm on a sauce pan… I washed directly with cold water, but i got small blisters anyway that broke yesterday and the skins is now red, bubbly and wrinkled. I’ve cleaned it everyday with antibacterial stuff so its not infected.

From what i can see underneath, the tattoo looks ok, but i’m a bit worried that i might get a scar or that it will look bad when the burn is healed. So my questions is:

Does anyone here has experience of burns on (old) tattoos?
Or knows how to treat the skin to prevent possible damage to the tattoo?
Like treat it as a new tattoo and use cream to slow the healing?
Cover it or not?[/lang]

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

first things first. get medical treatment and advice from a professional. cold water and antibacterial soap is a good start but you may need antibiotics and an infected skin over a tattoo might well ruin it entirely.

after that i would consider caring for it like a regular tattoo keep it dry and moisturise to treat the damaged skin.

honeyspider
Participant
@honeyspider

[lang=sv]I called the medical helpline yesterday, and they said that as long as i don’t have a fever, the skin is not warm and there’s no ichor from it i should wait. They recommended washing and moisturise after a couple of days when it has healed a bit, but they didn’t know if or how that could affect my tattoo.

There’s some “regular” clear liquid from a small wound where the blister broke, but overall the skin is dry and there’s no swelling. At first the skin where’s theres no ink had a bright red color, but now its a darker brownred/orange-ish.

How about cover it to protect the broken blister?[/lang]

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

@honeyspider 143903 wrote:

[lang=sv]I called the medical helpline yesterday, and they said that as long as i don’t have a fever, the skin is not warm and there’s no ichor from it i should wait. They recommended washing and moisturise after a couple of days when it has healed a bit, but they didn’t know if or how that could affect my tattoo.

There’s some “regular” clear liquid from a small wound where the blister broke, but overall the skin is dry and there’s no swelling. At first the skin where’s theres no ink had a bright red color, but now its a darker brownred/orange-ish.

How about cover it to protect the broken blister?[/lang]

i would follow their guidelines first and worry about the tattoo afterwards.
you do need to protect the wound but also let it breath so that the skin does not stay moist and become at risk of infection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.