woody_asap
Participant
@woody_asap

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/Woodson_Metellus/Screenshot_2015-03-30-17-20-011.png

i got this tattoo for my father that passed away a few months ago

as you can see the i got shaking shakinds and the words say ” listen to your father who gave you life, and not despise your mother when she is old”

my friends said its kinda plain so any design suggestions to go around to make it look nice? I want a design to do something with the quote I have or heaven clouds or something biblical reference to the quote.

thanks for any suggestions

Screenshot_2015-03-30-17-20-011.png

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Was there anything in particular that four dad had a passion for? Was there something in particular that you and your dad did together?

I would come up with a design incorporating this and with some color, and no text, and cover up what you have. Sorry I’m being blunt, but you can do much, much, better.

woody_asap
Participant
@woody_asap

@Sam-I-Am 143689 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Was there anything in particular that four dad had a passion for? Was there something in particular that you and your dad did together?

I would come up with a design incorporating this and with some color, and no text, and cover up what you have. Sorry I’m being blunt, but you can do much, much, better.

oh u dont like the tat? I asked for something very simple, nothing complex just shaking hands and some words, I think it’s pretty nice and simple for my taste. Not really a tattoo person to begin with but my friends say I should get more designs around it or something to make it pop out more.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@woody_asap 143717 wrote:

oh u dont like the tat? I asked for something very simple, nothing complex just shaking hands and some words, I think it’s pretty nice and simple for my taste. Not really a tattoo person to begin with but my friends say I should get more designs around it or something to make it pop out more.

I’ve never been a fan of text tattoos. I follow the “1 picture is worth 1000 words” philosophy. The hands aren’t done as well as they could be. If you really like them, that is what matters. You could get them worked on and get some background added, but I would go to a different tattooer.

woody_asap
Participant
@woody_asap

@Sam-I-Am 143728 wrote:

I’ve never been a fan of text tattoos. I follow the “1 picture is worth 1000 words” philosophy. The hands aren’t done as well as they could be. If you really like them, that is what matters. You could get them worked on and get some background added, but I would go to a different tattooer.

you think I should touch up the hands right?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@woody_asap 143757 wrote:

you think I should touch up the hands right?

Yes, that is correct.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I’m going to be brutally honest here, not to offend you but to help you make an informed choice next time.

That tattoo is very poorly done, the person who did this on you has no skill at all and should be in prison for doing this to you, and probably hundreds of other people. Speaking of prison, it actually does look like a prison tattoo done with a ballpoint pen refill and an electric toothbrush motor.

Please don’t go back to the person that did this to you, unless it is to (as buttwheat would say) kick him in the balls.

I recommend you wait for it to heal and get it covered up by a real tattoo artist. Fortunately for you, your tattoo is light in colour which will make a coverup easier.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Did you get your tattoo for yourself or for your friends? You shouldn’t give a flying fuck about what your friends think about it, but all I see you saying is “my friends think I should do something more with it”.
So, if YOU like it, that’s really the only thing that matters!

That being said, I’m guessing that what your friends are really trying to say is “that thing is hideous, and you need to get it covered ASAP” without actually hurting your feelings. Which is actually unusually kind, since most friends (and even spouses ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) just tell their friends that their tattoos are absolutely perfect and let them live on in ignorance.

woody_asap
Participant
@woody_asap

@Amok 143760 wrote:

I’m going to be brutally honest here, not to offend you but to help you make an informed choice next time.

That tattoo is very poorly done, the person who did this on you has no skill at all and should be in prison for doing this to you, and probably hundreds of other people. Speaking of prison, it actually does look like a prison tattoo done with a ballpoint pen refill and an electric toothbrush motor.

Please don’t go back to the person that did this to you, unless it is to (as buttwheat would say) kick him in the balls.

I recommend you wait for it to heal and get it covered up by a real tattoo artist. Fortunately for you, your tattoo is light in colour which will make a coverup easier.

it really is poorly done? I guess i just have a weird taste because honestly it’s fine to me. Nothing. It’s simple for my taste.
@ArniVidar 143765 wrote:

Did you get your tattoo for yourself or for your friends? You shouldn’t give a flying fuck about what your friends think about it, but all I see you saying is “my friends think I should do something more with it”.
So, if YOU like it, that’s really the only thing that matters!

That being said, I’m guessing that what your friends are really trying to say is “that thing is hideous, and you need to get it covered ASAP” without actually hurting your feelings. Which is actually unusually kind, since most friends (and even spouses ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) just tell their friends that their tattoos are absolutely perfect and let them live on in ignorance.

Nah my friends said it looks fine but they said it looks ”plain” they just said I should get more designs around it, thats all.
@Sam-I-Am 143758 wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

Yeah cool, I might touch up the hand work detail later on in may or so.

Surprised people think it’s hideous, I guess I just have a funny taste, it looks fine to me.

EDIT – ill definitely take all your guy’s in mind and probably get some touch up/cover on the hands a bit.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 143765 wrote:

I’m guessing that what your friends are really trying to say is “that thing is hideous, and you need to get it covered ASAP” without actually hurting your feelings. Which is actually unusually kind, since most friends (and even spouses ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) just tell their friends that their tattoos are absolutely perfect and let them live on in ignorance.

Absolutely true Arni!

woody_asap
Participant
@woody_asap

@Sam-I-Am 143772 wrote:

Absolutely true Arni!

so help me out here, how exactly does a cover up tattoo work?

I was thinking about this getting this over it? would it work out?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@Sam-I-Am 143772 wrote:

Absolutely true Arni!

Thought you might approve of that one ๐Ÿ˜‰

@woody_asap 143803 wrote:

so help me out here, how exactly does a cover up tattoo work?

A coverup needs to be bigger and darker than what is there before. It needs to cover the old tattoo up.

You could never cover your tattoo up with those hands as they are. I guess a proper artist might be able to fix yours so they look like actual hands, but it would be a far darker piece with some heavy shading involved. Depending on your preference, that may be just perfect, or it may not.
If I were you, I’d get that thing lasered a few times to make it much lighter. That would make it much easier to cover.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.