CherryT95
    Participant
    @cherryt95

Hi everyone.
    I’m completely new to this… I just got my first tattoo yesterday on my foot, (yes I know I’m mad haha) so whilst I’ve been sat here feet up, cup of tea and a bacon sarnie, (it’s a hard life) ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve been considering what I want next… :rolleyes:

For my next venture (after I add a little more to my foot, and then start on my other foot/ankle) I really want my dogs actual pawprint… he’s an old boy and been with me almost all my life so I’d like it before he goes. At the moment I’m looking at placing it on the inside forearm/elbow area.

Now, regarding the actual title, I really want to just have the outline of his paw and then vines/little purple flowers inside, his foot is about 5cm long by 3cm wide or maybe slightly bigger I can’t quite crawl around on the floor with him at the moment to measure it properly and obviously comprises of separate pads within this area. I was wondering if it would work or if it would just turn out like a massive blob?

And while I’m on this subject, I want an anklet tattoo also, what size would ya’ll recommend for “charm” sizes, I’ve had a little google and they vary so much, I don’t want to find in 5 years my baby penguin looks like a nasty bruise XD

I will obviously ask my tatooist first, but I can’t quite hobble down there at the moment ๐Ÿ˜‰ so I was hoping some of you guys had some tips.

Cheers

Cherise ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

1.5 inches

CherryT95
    Participant
    @cherryt95

@buttwheat 142262 wrote:

1.5 inches

Cheers for that long and detailed answer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@buttwheat 142262 wrote:

1.5 inches

I was thinking more like 4 or 5 inches for each charm,

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

How small is too small?

@NorCalDan 142265 wrote:

I was thinking more like 4 or 5 inches

That’s what SHE said. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To the OP: I have several small stars on my foot, done about 8 years ago. The small ones are about half an inch. Pics of when they were first done are in my album. None of the points are pointy any more, all have rounded a bit. They still look like stars, but not crisp and sharp. More like they were drawn with a wide tip felt pen. And unless your dog has GIANT paws there isn’t room inside the pads to add a vine pattern. If it is as large as your palm, then it might work. As you said, best to ask your tattoo artist.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

The tattoos you have described and chosen won’t get much love on tattoo enthusiasts forums.

This isn’t to say you shouldn’t get what you want, it is your body after all but your choices have been done to death.

As mentioned above, you won’t be able to make the design work because a paw is too small to have much detail in that will last and not look like a blob after awhile.

If you truely knew what is possible now days with a tattoo gun by a great artist, I think you would rethink your whole design.

Please take a look at my album at some tattoos that are possible now days and do plenty of research on an artist.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106611072150606384784/Tattoo

CherryT95
    Participant
    @cherryt95

Thanks for your replies, I wasn’t too confident that it would work, but you never know until you ask.

But thanks for the info maybe I’ll have a little rejig of a couple of bits they’re still just ideas atm. And I know there’s certain tats that have been done over and over but at the end of the day, I’m not getting my tattoos to be trendy or original, it’s because they’re what I want. ๐Ÿ™‚

There’s some really amazing work on that link though. Cheers, Cherise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.