Sirantha
Participant
@sirantha

I got a quote on a tattoo a bit ago, I didn’t make an appointment though because I still need to save up. The quote was that it would take about three-ish hours and it would cost around $450. But what should i leave as a tip? I’ve never been too good at deciding that. I’ll be designing the whole tattoo and drawing it out but he’ll be refining it and sizing it. I was thinking $100? Or more?

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Unless you’re a very talented artist or used to drawing tattoos, I’m sure he’ll be doing a lot more than just refining it. (99% of the time it needs to be completely re-designed)
Where I’m from tipping isn’t normal at all and I tipped way too little when I got inked in the states, so can’t really help with the exact amount. Depends a bit on your actual tattoo experience too I guess! I tip when I get good service. I took a cab once in Florida where the driver didn’t use the meter, charged more than twice what I paid the other way, was generally an ass and just quoted me out of thin air, he didn’t get a single cent extra. So I’d say; Find a ca amount that seems okay, go up or down after your session based on how you experience was and how happy you are with your tattoo 🙂

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Sirantha 138685 wrote:

I got a quote on a tattoo a bit ago, I didn’t make an appointment though because I still need to save up. The quote was that it would take about three-ish hours and it would cost around $450. But what should i leave as a tip? I’ve never been too good at deciding that. I’ll be designing the whole tattoo and drawing it out but he’ll be refining it and sizing it. I was thinking $100? Or more?

I use 20-25%,around a $100 on a $450 tattoo of you’re happy with it is good imo.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I always tip but usually buy a present instead 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Maybe you should and wait and see how it turns out before planning the tip. If is all wonky and crap you won’t be leaving a tip at all.
3 hours sounds like a real long time to tattoo a quote. What and where and how big?
Bake some cookies they will be much longer remembered than some money!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

With a new tattoo artist, cash. $90 / $100 would be cool. Once I become a member of the family things are a little different.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I’m cheap. 10-15%

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I’ve heard Anthony talk about Cheyenne Thunder machines. I got a deal on one for him at the Baltimore convention. That should take care of tipping for a little while.

They do a smooth and quiet tattoo job.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

20% + treats for everyone in the shop.

I’m not imaginative.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.