Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

For a shorter sessions I bring Diet Coke. For longer ones I bring Diet Coke and a snack or two. Either way I go to bed early the night before and eat a meal before the appointment. Pox is right, those things make a big difference. I used to be so nervous it was hard to force food in beforehand, now I stop somewhere on the way and sit down to a nice relaxed meal, lately that meal has been a good full breakfast. I’ve already used Google maps to find a few options for next week. (The diet coke is because it is my usual drink and it keeps me from getting thirsty if I have a sip or two every time they take a break. And mostly because I’m addicted to the caffeine and don’t drink coffee. ;))

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Coke makes more sense to me, or Gatorade. Two birds, one stone.

I am the world’s worst about cramming too much into a day. I scheduled a facial after my dental appointment. Between then I have to pick up cupcakes. Then there’s 30 minutes between the facial and tattoo. May have to reconsider if my nose is this sore. I literally tend to fill every minute.

I’ll grab a bite if the universe cooperates. More than likely I’ll eat afterwards like a sorrowful but ravenous animal. I didn’t say it was right. I ate and vomited pizza less than 12 hours before surgery. And I knew better. However, I just can’t jive with rules, man.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@GrayCatLove 134763 wrote:

I understand bringing a source of sugar and eating before, but why water?

Why water? Because that is all I drink. I rarely drink pop and very rarely do I even drink alcohol. Plus with pop and all of that other stuff I find myself running to the bathroom a lot more frequently than I do when I’m drinking water. Weird right?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Mistress_Of_Pain 134794 wrote:

Why water? Because that is all I drink. I rarely drink pop and very rarely do I even drink alcohol. Plus with pop and all of that other stuff I find myself running to the bathroom a lot more frequently than I do when I’m drinking water. Weird right?

Caffeine is a diuretic, so peeing more is bound to happen. I’m one of those people who rarely drink water. I get a lot of nutrition from stuff I drink… And by nutrition, I mean macronutrients and shit I probably don’t NEED like HFCS and PK.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yea I take a big bottle of water with me to work I usually refill at least once during the day and then I have a big Arizona Tea bottle in the refrigerator with water in it. Lately I’ve been drinking a lot of chai tea (my favorite) and that’s basically it for the other things I’ll drink. Like I said, very rarely do I drink pop or juice. I’ll have a drink every so often but not a lot. Then when I get tattooed I always like to bring a bag of trail mix or candy or something like that since most of the time my fiance is with me anyway and he can snack also.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

There’s a farmer’s market very close to me. There is a produce stand run by Amish folks that make fresh orange juice every day they’re open.
    It is fantastic, and I’ve never had the urge to add vodka to it.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

You girls should really stop using drugs while getting tattooed 😉

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I miss living near a good farmer’s market.

I’m usually in the anti-juice camp, but orange juice, good orange juice, is really amazing. And it’s easier in this part of the country to get good orange juice over good oranges.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@peterpoose 134830 wrote:

You girls should really stop using drugs while getting tattooed 😉

Is it bad it makes me a little sad I miss my partying days?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 134832 wrote:

Is it bad it makes me a little sad I miss my partying days?

This makes me sad also lol but good days!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@peterpoose 134837 wrote:

This makes me sad also lol but good days!

Very good days!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

*points to self* I have no partying days lol

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mistress_Of_Pain 134858 wrote:

*points to self* I have no partying days lol

I don’t party like I used to. I remember a three day holiday weekend party around 1878. It was at a house with a pool in a really nice setting. If you were there for any length of time you had chores to do. It went very smooth with people coming and going for three days. Good music, good food, good beverages and other consumables.
    I don’t remember any animosity between partiers. (That is probably due to the other consumables)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’m still in my partying days ;D Man, I already look forward to next years festival season!!
    9 days in a tent, camping with 130,000 people, seeing awesome bands and never going to bed until the sun rises! (if you have to adjust from cold night to sunny morning, your tent is going to be an oven and you’ll never sleep)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I’ve never been a party person. Sure I don’t mind going to parties or throwing them but those are few and far between. I don’t really drink, i’m a pretty laid back person most of the time. It’s just not my thing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.