forsak33n
    Participant
    @forsak33n

IMAG0220.jpg

So i had a tattoo made 2 days ago which was my first tattoo.So far i have followed my tattoo artist’s direction precisely on how to take care of it but i have been noticing since yesterday(day 2) that despite the fact the my tattoo is still in the early process of swelling and healing there is a small line of ink blowout around some parts of the tattoo.I don’t want to start freaking out so early about it but i was just curious what you guys think on this.is it a blowout or is it too early to determine and does it have any hope of healing or should i have to give the shop a call and possibly have it fixed.

Tnx.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

It could be a blow out. Or it could just be the line between normal skin and the scab, which you apparently have quite a bit of.
    How are you treating it?

forsak33n
    Participant
    @forsak33n

I have been treating it so far as carefully as possible.i clean it with mild warm water only using my hands and antibacterial soap,i carefully remove excess water with a paper tower and after 10-15 minutes of letting the moisture evaporate i add my ointment(thin layer) to it.I do this 3 times a day so far and i have not let my tattoo have any exposure to the sun which makes me wonder why it would blowout.the scab looks normal so far except the actual ink that seems to be expanding under my skin.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

What ointment?

A blowout has nothing to do with sun etc. It usually happens because the tattoo is placed wrongly in the skin, etc if you have very thin skin and the tattoo is placed slightly too deep or at a wrong angle.
    But honestly, the most common reason if you’re going to a good artist, is you moving too much. Or you just went to a shitty artist, which it kind of looks like by the line work. But that could be the scab being raised. Hard to tell.

And if it is a blow out.. Not much to do. Needs to be covered up.

forsak33n
    Participant
    @forsak33n

i have been using this ointment as suggested by my tattoo artist Bepanthol Ointment 100 g – Tattoo – Skin Care.
    The thing is that i was not moving at all i could handle the pain very easily and had no issue as he was working on it.i already gave my artist a call and ill be going over hopefully seeing what the issue is and what i can do to fix it.if it’s his fault i wouldnt trust him into fixing it and probably look for another artist to maybe cover it up somehow.the thing is do you know how long i have to wait tho before i can have any work done to it(fix it) after the original.do i have to wait until it fully heals to see the full extend of the blowout or could i prevent it by having work done to it on the first week i got it.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

No way to prevent it. If it is a blowout, then the damage is done. Yes, you have to wait for it to fully heal. You cannot tattoo over a fresh tattoo. That’s like poking on a fresh wound and expecting it to heal quicker.
    And people hardly ever notice how much they actually move during a tattoo. I’ve seen people shake like idiots just to claim “Oh no, I sit great!”.
    It could also be your skin. Some people have blow outs, and no one knows why. It happens.
    And its honestly impossible to tell exactly how bad it is, until the scab is off and its healed. You need to wait. You decided to put this on your skin forever, you can wait three weeks and see what it looks like by then.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Doesn’t look like a blow out to me. As Pox said it doesn’t matter what you are doing for aftercare a blowout is done during the actual tattooing of the tattoo.
    Don’t sweat it wait a month or so until it is fully healed to make your final judgement. If you ever become into tattoos you will want to get that lasered and covered anyways. Congrats on your first.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

For only two days ago it looks normal. Give it a month before you freak out.

Keep us posted.

forsak33n
    Participant
    @forsak33n

Ok tnx guys .i just came back from the tattoo shop were i got it and my tattoo and the artist said its perfectly normal since the tattoo is on the beginning stages of flaking and is a bit swollen and the combination of the 2 might look like the ink has blowout under the skin,but he said wait till it’s fully healed and if there is any issue then he would advise me what to do. ill keep you guys posted as it progresses and very excited on my first tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

take a picture when the swelling has decreased.. that might just be around two days from now. ๐Ÿ™‚

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Pox is right on moving. For future reference:

1) Make sure you’re in a comfortable position where you can be still for a long time. For me, this means making sure I’m warm enough and my back and knees aren’t in any degree of pain. Because if I’m a little chilly now and have 2/10 pain, I’ll be freezing with 6/10.

2) If you have a disorder that makes you shake, tell the artist.

3) Low blood sugar can cause tremors. A couple pieces of hard candy or ounces of regular soda before should sustain you awhile. If you feel that drop and shake, stop, drink a couple more ounces or eat a few more pieces. Carry on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.