Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

I’ve had my tattoo for a month and a week now. It’s been smooth for a while now and normal. I put sunscreen on it and decided on playing some soccer today. After, I noticed parts were raised is this normal?

Phischy
    Participant
    @phischy

@Tyler224 128621 wrote:

I’ve had my tattoo for a month and a week now. It’s been smooth for a while now and normal. I put sunscreen on it and decided on playing some soccer today. After, I noticed parts were raised is this normal?

I have a couple. The one on my shoulder is all black and pretty well never gets raised. The one on my forearm is mainly red and still (5 years on) gets raised in places every so often. I think it happens more often in the sun too. Based on that I’d say it’s completely normal. Mine has never been a problem, just seems to happen every now and then.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yep it’s normal the older it gets the less it will happen until someday you won’t even notice anymore

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@Phischy 128622 wrote:

I have a couple. The one on my shoulder is all black and pretty well never gets raised. The one on my forearm is mainly red and still (5 years on) gets raised in places every so often. I think it happens more often in the sun too. Based on that I’d say it’s completely normal. Mine has never been a problem, just seems to happen every now and then.

How long does it stay raised for you?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The less fatty tissue beneath an area, the more it raises in heat or cold for me. Probably remains that way for 12-24 hours after exposure to unusual hot or cold. I think it’s just a natural reaction to irritation/inflammation, but doesn’t really mean there’s a problem.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 128659 wrote:

It raises in heat or cold for me. Probably remains that way for 12-24 hours.

Sounds like a logical reason for a male genital tattoo.

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@GrayCatLove 128659 wrote:

The less fatty tissue beneath an area, the more it raises in heat or cold for me.
    Probably remains that way for 12-24 hours after exposure to unusual hot or cold. I think it’s just a natural reaction to irritation/inflammation, but doesn’t really mean there’s a problem.

What if it remains longer than that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.