Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

I recently got my first tattoo last Friday and its healing. It’s flaking and the occasional scabs. I just wanted to make sure it looks A Okay
    image.jpg Photo by Elmo224 | Photobucket

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Looks about right. Keep washing it and using moisturizer. It’ll take a few months to heal.

Keep us posted.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Looks good man. Very good for a first I would say.

PS not sure if that’s a friend of yours with the rifle, but isn’t rule 1 don’t put your finger on the trigger unless you’re going to fire?

IMG00266-20100418-1945.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Tyler224 127420 wrote:

I recently got my first tattoo last Friday and its healing. It’s flaking and the occasional scabs. I just wanted to make sure it looks A Okay

It looks ok for your first….. Just make sure you do not pick those scabs, you may need to get a little touch up but that’s no biggie.
    Are you 12?

image.jpg

@Amok 127449 wrote:

rule 1 don’t put your finger on the trigger unless you’re going to fire?

IMG00266-20100418-1945.jpg

Don’t bring your head down to rifle bring the sights up to your eye.

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@Sam-I-Am 127447 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Looks about right. Keep washing it and using moisturizer. It’ll take a few months to heal.

Keep us posted.

Do I put moisturizer on even if its scabbing up?

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@Sam-I-Am 127447 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Keep us posted.

@buttwheat 127458 wrote:

It looks ok for your first….. Just make sure you do not pick those scabs, you may need to get a little touch up but that’s no biggie.

I also heard that the skin is kind of filmy and foggy when it’s healing and then the color will come back in once it heals further. Is that correct?
    And now I’m 18
    I was about 11-12 in that pic.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’ve been using the “dry wrap” method for my last bunch of tattoos. When tattoo is done it gets wrapped in plastic wrap. About every four hours I remove the wrap and wash the tattoo with antibacterial UNSCENTED soap. I let it dry then re wrap it in plastic. repeating for two or three days. Then I wash it twice daily and apply an unscented moisturizer such as Aveeno, Cetaphil or similar, to which I add a few drops of tea tree oil. After a week or so I just use the plain moisturizer.

One thing that has speed-ed up the healing was my artist no longer using A&D ointment but a non-petroleum lubricant while tattooing me. There are several brands but he uses Redemption. (He still uses A&D but only to hold down down the ink cups)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Tyler224 127473 wrote:

I
    I was about 11-12 in that pic.

No you weren’t don’t lie it doesn’t gain you anything. I was talking about the pic of you with the tattoo by the way not the ones of you playing Johnny jehad.

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@buttwheat 127475 wrote:

No you weren’t don’t lie it doesn’t gain you anything. I was talking about the pic of you with the tattoo by the way not the ones of you playing Johnny jehad.

18. Haha. I look young

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tyler224 127471 wrote:

Do I put moisturizer on even if its scabbing up?

Yes, but gently.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Why have your picture taken holding a gun?

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@Wardy 127507 wrote:

Why have your picture taken holding a gun?

Insecurities disappear when you have a WEAPON, BITCHES!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

He is playing Johnny Jehad

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

Give me a break guys haha I was 12 and heavy into Airsoft.
    Anyways does that look like a blowout or part of the process as well?
    image-1.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Looks like it might be a little blow out. But just be patient and let it heal. Might not get any worse, if you are lucky, and then your friends won’t even notice it unless you point it out to them. Perfectionists and tattoo artists will notice, but not most people.

When mine was blown it looked like a big purple bruise so I had to have a shadow added (which ended up looking worse than the blowout.) There is a pic of the lily in all it’s blown out glory in my album. The picture was when it was fresh, after a little while the bud at the top looked way worse, that is where it ended up looking like a bruise. But you can see that the top leaf and bottom petal are also really blown but they did not seem to get any worse.

So, patience. Keep taking good care of it and see how it heals up. Nothing else you can do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.