inkmypink
    Participant
    @inkmypink

Hi guys,
    Well I’m thinking of getting another tat done soon, and was wondering what people thought of the idea of using numbing creams. I know that the feeling of having the tat done is all part of the experience and found it not too bad when I got my first tat done, however having recently had several visits to hospital for surgery and numerous amounts of needles jabbed into me, I’d much rather just sit there and relax and enjoy the tat once it’s done. Any thoughts on this would be good.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

The issue with these numbing creams is they typically use lidocaine or similar at around 4% – 5% strength.

In reality this means it can take upto an hour to take effect and then usually lasts around 30-45 mins before having to apply another dosage.

A few ppl run risk of reaction to it incl shortness of breath, dizzyness, swelling of skin etc – although rare bear it in mind.

Other arguments are that some artists find it makes the skin more diffcult to work with. It can result in overworking the skin as the blood vessels are contracted so they cannot see when the skin is getting raw as quickly. (More of an issue for less experienced artists really but still an issue).

Personally I don’t bother as too much hassle waiting for them to work and then after they wear off the pain hits all at once as limited endorphin build up.

That said many people do use them and seem happy otherwise they wouldn’t sell.

Take care
    Matthew

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

I just went through a 7 hour sitting on Monday. At one point numbing cream was applied. After 20 minutes it wore off, and to me the pain afterwards seemed a little hightened. Also, allergic reactions to these creams can vary. In some cases it can affect your pores which could make inking more difficult for the artist.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

When I use numbing cream it makes me last a whole bunch longer, like from 10 minutes up to one hour, and girlfriend is pretty much satisfied with that.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

basically numbing creams are for pussies. that being said, there are a few good artists that actually endorse inkeeze.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I used Inkeeze once and it totally fucked up my tattoo and left me with a scar, But the guy with the most bad ass collection I know uses it every time.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 119364 wrote:

I used Inkeeze once and it totally fucked up my tattoo and left me with a scar, But the guy with the most bad ass collection I know uses it every time.

Cornell??????????

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Bad ass collection? Perhaps I should have used it anally?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 119366 wrote:

Cornell??????????

Yes Jason He turned me on to it. Weird he has never had a problem with it but I reacted so badly to it. I have had artist use Bactine towards the end with no problem though.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@BertNaked 119351 wrote:

it makes me last a whole bunch longer, like from 10 minutes up to one hour, and girlfriend is pretty much satisfied with that.

@yodaddynukka 119358 wrote:

basically numbing creams are for pussies.

Exactly !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.