stealthxstar
Participant
@stealthxstar

Alright, I’m sure this has been asked before, but the search function didn’t find anything for me.

I want to get a tattoo on the inside of my bottom lip, so I’d have to pull my lip down for it to be visible.

I’ve read that these tattoos fade very quickly and require touch ups every year or so to keep them from completely disappearing.

I’ve also heard that in some cases, you need to get touch ups done a month or so after the initial tattoo is done.

I’d like to hear about people’s experiences with getting a tattoo there, because I REALLY want to get this tattoo, and I don’t mind getting an initial touch up done, or even another touch up every few years, but I would like to hear about it firsthand before I make my final decision.

Thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s played out pretty stupid

stealthxstar
Participant
@stealthxstar

Whats that supposed to mean? :/

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Lip tattoo’s are a fassion trend, there’s not point getting it done because you will get bored of having to keep getting it touched up.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I personally don’t have an inner lip but when I was studying tattoos and tattoo culture many ppl I spoke with all stated the same issues from theirs;

The inside lip has softer tissue so that the pigment of the ink tends to blowout much easier leaving the tattoo looking blurred and messy.

It fades very quickly as tissues get a lot more damage from eating brushing etc.

They can be very prone to infection due to amount of bacteria in the mouth.

They hurt like a bastard for a so/so tattoo.

That said it is on the inside and if you really want one get it done but personally I think not worth the effort required to maintain.

Take care
Matthew

stealthxstar
Participant
@stealthxstar
Sherav;118978 wrote:
Hi

I personally don’t have an inner lip but when I was studying tattoos and tattoo culture many ppl I spoke with all stated the same issues from theirs;

The inside lip has softer tissue so that the pigment of the ink tends to blowout much easier leaving the tattoo looking blurred and messy.

It fades very quickly as tissues get a lot more damage from eating brushing etc.

They can be very prone to infection due to amount of bacteria in the mouth.

They hurt like a bastard for a so/so tattoo.

That said it is on the inside and if you really want one get it done but personally I think not worth the effort required to maintain.

Take care
Matthew

Thank you very much for giving me a real response. I’m going to have to think about it more, but I’ll probably get it somewhere else. I didn’t know about the blowout or that they’re a lot more likely to get infected. So again, thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.