Frownsarefun
Participant
@frownsarefun

I’m in the midst of a koi tattoo. Everything is moving along wonderfully. But I have 2 questions:

1) Currently working on some patches of black scales on the koi body (3 days ago). Noticed that a handful of these black scales are more greyish, so the ink didn’t ‘take.’ Is this something as simple as waiting until it’s all healed up and going over it a second time? Will this fix it or is there a chance that small area can be prone to not holding ink, other reason?

2) After finishing up the black patches, gonna get into color. I’m really interested in a multi colored koi (black spots, white/orange/yellow body). Having read so much about white ink, I’m nervous. I’m not a sun worshipper, so my tattoo isn’t gonna see direct sunlight. Is it that often that it will change to a different off-white color or fade? Or am I overly worried?

Thanks.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

3 days after a tattoo, all black looks gray, since there’s new skin forming and old skin dying on top of it. If, however, it’s not filled in properly, your artist can easily just go over that in the next run.

You don’t want white, since white is a horrible color and it’s lifespan is counted in months instead of years. It will always turn either a pale-piss colored yellow or a kind of undead pale grey.. neither of which looks very good ๐Ÿ˜€

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Like Arnie said, it’s too soon to tell. You can’t really tell what it’s gonna look like until you’ve given it two weeks to heal. And even if it’s a bit fucked, it’s an easy fix.

The white in my first tattoo, which I got 9 years ago, has held up damn well, but then I’m a sun-shunner. That fiery ball of pain in the sky can go fuck itself!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;117763 wrote:
The white in my first tattoo, which I got 9 years ago, has held up damn well

Has it? That’s great to hear. You may be the first ever person I’ve ever ‘heard’ say that ๐Ÿ™‚

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

You have no idea how much I hate the sun Arnie. I think my great-grandmother was a mole.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;117767 wrote:
You have no idea how much I hate the sun Arnie. I think my great-grandmother was a mole.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

LOL, well that might explain it ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

If you are a pale person the white will stick a lot better. The darker you are, the less the white will stick. This also applies to color as well, with white being the most extreme case.

Robert.B
Participant
@robert-b

Move to Ireland, then you won’t have to worry about that pesky sun.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

@Robert.B 117777 wrote:

Move to Ireland, then you won’t have to worry about that pesky sun.

But then you have to deal with gingers!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I have to say the white on mine still looks exactly the same after 5 months lol ๐Ÿ˜›

game1939
Participant
@game1939

I have white that has been in me forever, Im talking years, and it still looks good, inks today are getting really advanced, white is a good color if used in the correct manner it will last,I did a jesus on a black guy about 2 years ago, I used white in the eyes, he came in last week for another tattoo and the white in the eyes still looked like the day they were done….. If your wondering what kind of white I use its Intenze snow white opaque or eternal white… However i wouldn’t do a whole tattoo in white….

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

@game1939 120546 wrote:

I have white that has been in me forever, Im talking years, and it still looks good, inks today are getting really advanced, white is a good color if used in the correct manner it will last,I did a jesus on a black guy about 2 years ago, I used white in the eyes, he came in last week for another tattoo and the white in the eyes still looked like the day they were done….. If your wondering what kind of white I use its Intenze snow white opaque or eternal white… However i wouldn’t do a whole tattoo in white….

Intenze was the ink used on mine also ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.