snakey32
Participant
@snakey32

Hello Everyone,

I am going to be getting a new tattoo in the near future. It will be a phoenix with the following placement:

– body of the phoenix covering my left deloid (shoulder muscle)
– left wing extending over the front of the deltoid, slightly over the chest and then coming back to the center over the trapezius
– Right wing going over the back of the deltoid, slightly into my back, and then coming back to the center over the trapezius muscle

Hopefully that makes sense. 😀

My fiance got a tattoo from an artist who did a great job, especially with the shading, but she has only been tattooing for less than two years. I would have her do it, but I am not sure if this may be too difficult for someone with limited experience.

Two questions for the forum:

– Is this tattoo difficult?
– Should I go to someone with more experience?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

it doesnt matter how long she has been tattooing, as long as you check out her portfolio and see that you like her work and she has done large scale/similar stuff.

where are you located? maybe someone here can recommend you a good artist?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its true, some people advance faster than others, a few at two years could do it,
but Yodaddy is 100% correct you got to check their work, then you can see right away if they have handled pieces like yours,

shout out where you live, folks on this board can give you some good recommendations for artists to look at…………..sounds like a cool piece

snakey32
Participant
@snakey32

I live in the Minneapolis, MN area. I’ve had work done by Doug Hardy at Aloha Monkey, but he moved out to San Fran. The girl I am considering works at Electric Dragonland, which is a very well respected shop. Right now I am considering her first, but might check out Aloha Monkey again before making a decision.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

doug hardy is the son of legendary don ed hardy, but i have to say dougs tattooing isnt the greatest. electric dragonland is a well respected shop so i dont think you can go wrong there. but if you want the best in mn, you can check out megan hoogland. though she specializes in b/g, she does do great color as well.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

megan is off the freakin chart………………who could pass on wearing that!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Three words for you Tom Fucking Strom. I plan on getting something from him in the future.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Tom is amazing too. Didnt even know he is from mn!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.