egc257
Participant
@egc257

Hey guys so i’ve been thinking about getting a chest peice for a couple of months now, and i finally decided that i wanted to get a certain quote on my chest. Many people told me that its, a waste of space because you could do a lot cooler things with the chest but i dont care this is what i’ve choosen. The quote that i want to get is “Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.” The thing im worried about is the sternum, i heard its really unbareable and it just is a really big pain. At the moment i have 7 tattoos the worst one i got was on my right calf where i have a cross with wings and the wings go to the back of my calph which was very painful. Another thing is that the quote is pretty long, and im a big dude and im worried that it wont fit on one line. I also dont want a small font either because i think it would look dumb.
Any advice/suggestion would be Highly apreciated.
Thanks so much.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

What kind of advice do you want? Pain is temporary; tattoos are forever.

egc257
Participant
@egc257

Well any kind of advice, just what to expect and stuff.

demonicus
Participant
@demonicus

ever heard of Dr. Numb? it’s a topical aesthetic crème that will numb the skin for about an hr. Emla is the other one that can be found at your local pharmacy but Dr.Numb is for our industry and is stronger.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Your artist is the best person to advise as to how well it will fit, or not, and be able to recommend an alternative.

Re the pain, as per the above, it’s temporary and won’t be unbearable. (not that I’ve ever had my chest done but plenty have)

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

none of the artists I have worked with will use dr numb, they say it turns the skin to a rubber ball, you dont need it, you need to learn to put your mind on something else, Im not saying it wont hurt, but you need to learn to think about other things, watch a movie oin your laptop, listen to music, read, whatever it takes, psych yourself up, remember the pain is temporary

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Day off – try to not have any caffeine and make sure your stomach is full , makes it easier

worst case scenario pop two aleve right before hand

I have a griffin done in a traditional american eagle style over my chest (had it done like 22 years ago now) but when he first started he was right over my heart I was like “holy fu.. I am going to have a heart attack” but I was fine

Like someone said above the pain is temporary but you have the art for life

you will be fine – just remember – little of no caffeine that day (includes soda) and eat plenty of food!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.