Loganmkk
Participant
@loganmkk

I am aware it depends on a lot of factors but the shop isn’t getting back to me as soon as I need them to, and I kind of need to know right away. I know the shops minimum is 60 dollars. I live near Columbus, OH. I want it on my shoulder in black ink. I hope I don’t sound ignorant. I’m only looking for an estimate, I don’t expect anyone to know the exact price! Thank you in advance. 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=218702554903682&set=o.113197062037381&type=1&theater

Adler
Participant
@adler

How exciting, yet another creative quote/motto tattoo. Artists just love doing text tattoos so I’m sure it won’t cost much, but how dare the shop not get back to you when YOU need them to. Estimated cost $20 to have it put on a t-shirt.
(Damn, I told myself I wasn’t going to comment anymore on all of these lame quote tattoos but I just couldn’t help it.)

Loganmkk
Participant
@loganmkk
Adler;110715 wrote:
How exciting, yet another creative quote/motto tattoo. Artists just love doing text tattoos so I’m sure it won’t cost much, but how dare the shop not get back to you when YOU need them to. Estimated cost $20 to have it put on a t-shirt.
(Damn, I told myself I wasn’t going to comment anymore on all of these lame quote tattoos but I just couldn’t help it.)

My beautiful grandmother who was my angel was taken away from me 3 months ago from stomach cancer would say this to me as I was growing up. It was actually one of the last things she said to me while I was visiting her for the final time, and “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live” was written on the bottom of the majority of the notes/letters she would send to me when I would be away from her. I don’t have a bunch of junky tattoos, I have none, I’ve found it quit difficult to get over her passing too soon and I’m struggling with it quite a bit. During my darkest of times that quote has lifted me up and helped me to get through a lot in life. Whether it’s “lame” or not, you are not humorous and need to step down off the invisible high horse you think you’re on, you coward.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Loganmkk;110730 wrote:
My beautiful grandmother who was my angel was taken away from me 3 months ago from stomach cancer would say this to me as I was growing up. It was actually one of the last things she said to me while I was visiting her for the final time, and “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live” was written on the bottom of the majority of the notes/letters she would send to me when I would be away from her. I don’t have a bunch of junky tattoos, I have none, I’ve found it quit difficult to get over her passing too soon and I’m struggling with it quite a bit. During my darkest of times that quote has lifted me up and helped me to get through a lot in life. Whether it’s “lame” or not, you are not humorous and need to step down off the invisible high horse you think you’re on, you coward.

I actually had a bad feeling about something like that but I decided to rant anyway. Truly sorry for your loss and I’ll apologize for offending you. I still tink you could do so much better (if you chose) to enhance the quote or for a memorial piece than just the lettering. I’m obviously not a fan of long text tattoos but I understand where you’re coming from so please at least take the time to find a good artist that can do nice lettering. Don’t settle for an average artist because you’re in a hurry, it woldn’t be worth it.
Your original price question is hard to answer, but probably $100-200 or so.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

An hour’s worth of work like that should run about $100.

And, Adler, I’m glad you’ve maybe learned to stop being so ugly about text tattoos.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I agree with Gray, it shouldnt make your wallet that much lighter 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler
GrayCatLove;110732 wrote:
And, Adler, I’m glad you’ve maybe learned to stop being so ugly about text tattoos.

Sorry, that’s not going to happen. I’ll just keep my foot out of my mouth and keep my comments to myself from now on so I guess that’s something.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

You don’t have to like everyone’s tattoo.

It would be fantastic to have civility, though. 😉

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the folks around here know I dont like text tattoos either, but that sure is the best excuse I have heard for getting one, sorry about your loss, my gram was the leader of our family, the glue that help everything together, I know the feeling

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
mrchen;110760 wrote:
the folks around here know I dont like text tattoos either, but that sure is the best excuse I have heard for getting one, sorry about your loss, my gram was the leader of our family, the glue that help everything together, I know the feeling

There is a vast difference between:

“I don’t like your tattoo.”

and

“Your tattoo is stupid and artists hate doing that tattoo and it’s a waste of time.”

You’ve never done the former that I’ve seen.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;110756 wrote:
Sorry, that’s not going to happen. I’ll just keep my foot out of my mouth and keep my comments to myself from now on so I guess that’s something.

I’m sticking with Adler here. As much as I like a thought-provoking book, poem, or quote, I stand by what I said in the other thread (and what’s in my sig) regarding the technical problem with quotes as tattoos. It’s not a matter of disliking them, but rather recognizing that there are real problems with them as tattoos. Also, there are so many great books, poems, quotes, and so forth covering every aspect of life, that I can’t imagine reducing one’s life motto down to just one of them.

To the OP though, you’ve made as good an argument for getting one as can be made. If that quote is what reminds you most of your loved one, then go for it.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I like a good quote as long as it is in the right place and in the right font. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and if you wanna do it go for it. No matter what you get someone will always hate/love it. Sorry for your loss as well. Good luck!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.