hc_afifan
Participant
@hc_afifan

I’ve got one little, somewhat unremarkable tattoo as of right now, and I’ve recently decided I want to get more. I’d like to start planning a couple full sleeves and working on them within a few years. I can’t decide yet if I want to do themed sleeves or just do whatever and make it all work together. If I do go with themed sleeves, my current plans are an ocean theme for one and a hell/demon theme for the other (the ocean one is for sure if I go with a theme, I’m still on the fence about the other one). But I have some questions about this whole process of planning sleeves and actually having them done.

If I go with a theme, is my best bet to stick with one artist and have him/her do the entire sleeve? Because I kind of live in the middle of nowhere and most of the artists I’ve found that I really like are several hours away and I just can’t see myself making regular trips like that to get a sleeve done. One of the artists I’m looking at is Tim Pangburn, who’s about 3 hours from me, and I think that’s about the most I could travel and even that would be inconvenient. Would having several artists work on a themed sleeve look too disjointed? And how do you guys even manage to travel so much to get so much work done? I’m not sure how I would manage with my job. If I had one artist working on a sleeve, would it seem in bad taste if it took me years to complete it? Or would they be understanding and not get pissed off at me?

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I have heard wonderful things about Tim (esp as a cover-up artist) but unfortunatley am not in your area to experience these first hand. Just remember if your going to dedicate all that space to one theme make it meaningful, as im sure you will. Good luck!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I’m pretty sure it would be better for one artist to do the whole thing.

I don’t know what your circumstances are but 3 hours doesn’t sound alot to me specially if it is a really good artist.

I drive from London to Krakow in Poland every 2 Months for my back piece and I am also starting from July driving from London to Odessa in the Ukraine because I want the best. I treat them as holidays.

In total I think by the time I am finished I will have done something like 15,000+ miles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.