Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

I plan on going to Scott Terry at dynasty tattoo in NJ for a cover up. I hear he does phenomenal work as well as amazing cover ups. Just looking to see if anybody has had any experiences getting tattooed by him as well as any critiques you guys may have. Just looking for some information before going ahead and leave a deposit and have him draw up the design. I’m looking to cover my current phoenix design with another, bigger, better phoenix. My current piece is black and grey and he said he could definitely cover it black and grey (which i would prefer) with the right design but color would be easier to do. Should I just let him do it in color or should he be able to nail it with black and grey?

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I would say Black and gray – its very hard to cover black ink with colored ink

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Scott is very average, me personally I dont do average, you better look at his whole porfolio, I dont think you want to go to average artist to cover up ok artists work, just my 2 cents, good luck

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

thank you for the replys. any recommendations on top cover up artists in NJ? i live in monmouth county in central NJ

big_n_meaty
@

The great thing about forums and trolls is that they all have an opinion. And for someone to call another persons work average well that’s just lame. I guess the fact that Scott’s work had been published in various magazines and has won awards at tattoo conventions puts him and his work in an above average category. But hey that’s just MY opinion…

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@big_n_meaty 120698 wrote:

The great thing about forums and trolls is that they all have an opinion. And for someone to call another persons work average well that’s just lame.

Calling somebody’s work average is letting them off easy around here. There is usually profanity involved.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@big_n_meaty 120698 wrote:

The great thing about forums and trolls is that they all have an opinion. And for someone to call another persons work average well that’s just lame. I guess the fact that Scott’s work had been published in various magazines and has won awards at tattoo conventions puts him and his work in an above average category. But hey that’s just MY opinion…

You should listen to mrchen when he speaks. The work he has collected is mindboggling.

Getting awards at a tattoo convention isnt a matter of how good you are. Its a matter of who else was there competing.
There are average artists published all the damn time. Magazines are full of mediocre work.

Nice first post btw. U sound like an idiot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.