anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
jessonehundred;109319 wrote:
that sounds like my absolute worst nightmare………..completely freaked out, can’t wait for my appt. thanks for the info. 🙁

I wasn’t trying to send you into a panic; I was just responding to what you asked. 😡

GrayCatLove;109323 wrote:
Oh, oh! My turn to practice internet medicine!

Here’s an idea: Test to see if it’s an allergy by taking a first generation antihistamine. Benadryl is a good one, and cheap. Take the maximum dose according to the pill bottle. If it gets better, allergy! If not, eczema.

If it gets better, then it likely an allergy, though we can’t determine a definitive cause/effect relationship based on the one instance. If it doesn’t, it may still be an allergy. I am allergic to nickel; Benadryl won’t stop or reverse the reaction.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;109317 wrote:
Well they will attempt to treat the symptoms, but if they persist and it is an allergy, it would have to be removed. Laser removal will release the ink into your system, which could very easily make the problem worse or in rare cases even kill you if the allergy is severe enough. If the doctor determined that was a concern, then they would need to excise the skin. 🙁 Hopefully all works out for you.

Hmmm lol you made me paranoid now about tattoos hehe;)

What is excising the skin ? Please don’t tell me they cut the tattoo out lol

jessonehundred
Participant
@jessonehundred

yes I am pretty sure it is removing the skin, although I don’t know how they would remove a 5″by 5″ square.. i wouldn’t recommend googling it either.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
peterpoose;109339 wrote:

Yes, they do. 😡 Honestly, most people just live with allergic reactions and treat the symptoms as best they can. I was simply stating that if you want/need an allergic reaction to tattoo ink to stop, your 2 options are laser and excising, though laser will send the ink into your system so there is a legitimate concern that this could worsen the problem.

Virtually all allergic responses are to color tattoos btw. The pigments used in black and gray tattoos very, very rarely cause any type of reaction. I worry a bit also tbh, but I went ahead and got a color tattoo anyway.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
peterpoose;109339 wrote:

You can kiss your sweet dermis goodbye, baby.

jessonehundred
Participant
@jessonehundred

So I had the dermatologist appt and was prescribed Triamcinolone acetonide cream USP 0.1%. I have used it 3 times in 2 days and already the dryness is gone and the bumps seem to be going down.. he said to use it twice a day for a month and then go see him, but he couldnt tell me what the problem might be. any info?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

triamcinolone acetonide is a corticosteroid that is used to treat dryness and bumps, he probably has no idea what has caused them
(doctors are just practicing medicine) ………it usually costs alot to do some testing, he is just trying to save money, he can make it go away and never know what caused it,

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.