Murphie
Participant
@murphie

Hello! I am brand new to this community, and tattoos in general (acquired my first one two months ago!). I will probably have lots of questions (some will probably be obvious ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ), but am eager to listen and learn from you all. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am in the process of planning my next tattoo; I have wanted this particular design for over 3 years now, but I have also worried as to how well it would transfer as a tattoo. I want to get the Black Stallion logo; still undecided on placement, but I’m thinking either wrist, foot, ankle or somewhere on my back. I’m mostly worried that because it is such a big “block” of black, with all the wisps, and also because I do not want it to be that large, that it might bleed and turn into a big “blob” years down the road. What do you think? Would it help if it was placed somewhere that has a lesser chance of stretching (ie: hip, stomach)?

I don’t know how to add pictures, but you can find the design I want here:

http://movie-posters.lucywho.com/the-black-stallion-movie-posters-t651025.html

Thank you so much in advance!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Location won’t really matter too much, if you have it done in solid black it will look like a blob no matter where it is. No offense but for something you’ve been thinking of for 3 years I would think you could come up with a more creative design, at least let a competent artist do something with it to make it more “tattooable.”

Murphie
Participant
@murphie
Adler;105391 wrote:
Location won’t really matter too much, if you have it done in solid black it will look like a blob no matter where it is. No offense but for something you’ve been thinking of for 3 years I would think you could come up with a more creative design, at least let a competent artist do something with it to make it more “tattooable.”

I haven’t even talked with a tattoo artist about it yet, as I haven’t got that far. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for your opinion. ๐Ÿ™‚

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

Have you thought about having it shaded so it’s not solid black? You could still have the scribbly off bit but add more depth to it with shading..
I think also places like your feet, wrists or ankle would be too small for this too look really cool, I’d suggest shoulder blade or ribs or calves – a flat enough area for the design to sit well on.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ah dude, as a serious horse lover, black stallion lover and particularly fresian horse lover ~(which he’s technically not but they’re so goddammed beautiful!) i would say there are so many better ways to get a horse tattoo! if you want a horse that bad i would get a proper portrait style, something like the logo will just not translate well at all. my advice, if you want a small tattoo get something else, but if you’re happy to go big, get a proper portrait, it’ll look frickin sweet! ๐Ÿ˜€

willmars
Participant
@willmars

Body part depends on the size like if the size of your logo design is small then it will look cool on ankle or wrist and if the size is big then it will look better on back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.