Tattoosbysarahlouise
Participant
@tattoosbysarahlouise

Hi everyone, i’ve recently just finished my apprenticeship with a professional tattooist and have been allowed to tattoo friends and old customers i have gotten to know. Now i’ve been told i’m doing exceptionally well for where i am at the minute and had nothing but praise from clients and the other tattooists i work with. My first customer hasnt really been very happy with the tattoo i did for her on her foot. To begin with she loved it and showed it off to everyone which was a great boost for me. But recently she complained that the colour kept comming out so i went back over it and improved it significantly, but once again the colour came out and it does look shocking. I explained to her before i did it that colour would come out with it being on her foot but shes since gone to another tattooist for a “second opinion”. By what she’s told me he’s completely slatered me and my work and shes completely agreed with him, despite knowing full well i had done everything i could to put colour back in, i used the techniques and tried to be as gentle as i possibly could with it being in a tender place. My tutor has told me i’ve done everything right. I just want to have some advice from a 3rd party, someone who doesnt know me for who i am. Please ask me as many questions as possible about what i did and i’ll answer truthfully. It had upset me a fair bit because she’s a close friend and i value her opinion, its wound me up that i’ve been slatered to hell. Please help me out here, need some reassureance or advice on how to handle this situation. Thankyou x

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

a foot isnt the greatest place to tattoo, (I dont know why anyone gets tattooes there, but thats another story) like hands, fingers, elbows it is a shitty place to get to hold ink, the clients choice of spots, people are different, my elbows hold well and one pass, other peoples wont hold if tattooed 100 times,

you did what you could, you stood behind your work,

the only thing you can do is restore you reputation by the words of your clients and friends. Have them talk you up, help down play any negative word on the street and talk you up online. Its your word against theirs.

Keep your portfolio up to date and where everyone can see it and have your best work out there,

eventually it will pass

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

it would really help to see your work and specifically the tattoo you did on the girl who’s now kicking up a fuss. do you have any pictures that you can put into your album for us to see? x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.