ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Hi guys,

I’m at a bit of a crossroads with my tattoos. I have a dark tatto on my right shoulder, which I really like, and a tattoo on my left, that I’ve lasered enough to be covered up easily. I have the appointment set for December with an artist I have complete trust in.

The concern I have is that I have a lot of freckles, and some darker ones. I dont have many at all in the area that the tattoo will be sitting, and I always keep a shirt on when I’m out in the summer.

Its just a bit of a concern to me. But what do I do? leave the faded beaten up tattoo on my shoulder forever, or jump in with both feet, and just get the artist to dodge the two or three I have?

for any of you that have been to the dermatoligist, can they check your skin with a flashlight through darker inks?

thanks,

Ryan

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

I myself have been blessed with polish skin, meaning I have freckles, moles, and sunspots pretty much anywhere that gets to see the sun… my dermatologist (after seeing my ink) decided to share the ink he had on his back with me.. it prompted some questions, but , as he went on to explain to me, ink isn’t going to stop a mole from traveling and it’s not going to make anything that’s benign look melignant to your dermatologist, or vice versa. It’s your job to notice changes to your ummm ‘extras’ on your skin and talk to your dermatologist about it…the ink doesnt change it.

^^ don’t believe my situation, look up threads started by my SN and look at my beautiful skin, lol….

ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply.

Does he still check your skin in the tattoo’d areas? I’m guessing if anything were to occur, it’d be dark enough to be spotted through the darkest ink, or would raise or flake.

I think I’ll have him dodge the freckles I do have on my shoulders, and keep an eye on them, like I would any other area of my body.

Ryan

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

If it’s part of the skin, it’s checked…. a good artist will typically dodge any skin abnormalities unless they’re extremely minor… but as far as ‘visable through the darkest of the darkest’ i’m not so sure. As I was saying look up my SN, find my ink…when you look at it generally you won’t see any freckles or whatnot on parts that have already been tattooed, but if you stare at the finsihed areas long enough, you’ll see that they’re just ‘there’ and ignored unless focused upon.

ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

Thanks again. I tried looking through your posts, but couldnt find any of you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.