JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

First off, just wanted to say hey to everyone, looking forward to showing and seeing some ink later on.

So, earlier this month I went in for my first tattoo. I’m a huge medieval/ancient history buff, and one of my role models/inspirations is Julius Caesar, so, I got a tattoo of his famous words, “Veni, Vidi, Vici”, along for a few other personal reasons.

But, I’m not sure if the tattoo ‘looks very professional’. They guy who did it has been going since 1990, so he has experience, and he also hand drew the tattoo, so not all the leaves/letters are going to be exactly the same, but I’m not sure about it. Like, the shop was even voted best tattoo/piercing studio in Fort Collins, like, 4 years in a row, and this is a huge college town, there’s a lot around… I know I can’t do anything about it now, but you know, I worry.

Also, I was thinking about it a little, and I’m not too sure I like the commas, they don’t fit in very nicely, so I was thinking about somehow adding to it a sort of marble slab look, with cracks and chips, make it look like it was carved into stone, so I was thinking I may be able to somehow make the commas look like cracks.. but I’m also not sure about that..

So, bottom line, what do you guys think? Does it look o.k.? Should I add the marble slab/cracks and chips onto it? Or does it look like shit, bad first tattoo, and I should switch artists? Am I overreacting because it’s my first tattoo, or should I be worried?

Link to pics: http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4844 (Sorry, the quality of the pics sucks a little, as does my camera..)

Thanks guys, any feedback is warmly welcomed, don’t hold anything back.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Is that on your calf or forearm? And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it at all, it’s open enough to still add something, maybe an awesome ancient Grecian symbol in the background or something along those lines but I would definitely consider adding. Looks a bit plain to my eyes

Zach

JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

Forearm, forgot to mention that, sorry. Yea, definitely plain at the moment, will add more in time. I’m turning my left arm into a sort of ancient roman type of tribute, just not sure how I can add more and tie it all together to make a nice looking sleeve, without a whole bunch of gaps and open space..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

First off Hi and welcome
Second don’t get butt hurt and run away.
Your tattoo looks very amateurish, the shading is terrible. Yes the commas look out of place.
A quality tattooist may be able to save the lettering and give it that blocked cut stone look you are looking for. Your tattooist may have been voted best of wherever 20 years in a row but you are wearing the proof that that isn’t true. I know a guy that started his own company and was a total scam artist and he was voted the BBB best company of the year like for 3 years until the state shut him down. ( he spent many hours on the computer voting for himself)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;102347 wrote:
he spent many hours on the computer voting for himself)

Jesus Christ how sad can people be…

JuliusCaesar
Participant
@juliuscaesar

Hm, i almost wish i could just go to L.A ink and get Tattooed there. Corey does some nice sht. The only other guy in my area that may be able to salvage it is this guy: http://tattoocovenant.com/artists/jonathon/index.html. (How do you guys think his stuff looks, would it be worth trying going to him?)

Im mainly into shading, black and grey, not too much into colors, i like the tattoos that look like they are carved outta rock, with cracks and chips, etc.. This guy kinda seems like he’d be good at that.. He’s about the only other choice i have though..

(If worse comes to worse, does anyone know what/how i may be able to cover this up into a dif tattoo? Other than just some big azz black band across the arm? Think it would be pretty hard though, no?)

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
JuliusCaesar;102352 wrote:
Hm, i almost wish i could just go to L.A ink and get Tattooed there. Corey does some nice sht.

^^^ why is it that people think because someone gets a TV show, that they must be the best at what they do?

But being serious, I don’t think going to Johnathon at Covenant will help the situation, his colored work looks far more evolved than his black and gray, and it seems to me you’re in need of some black and gray work to create the slab of stone look on the letters you’re referring to.

jgat
Participant
@jgat
Wardy;102349 wrote:
Jesus Christ how sad can people be…

The only sad people are the poor folks who fell into his trap. I bet the guy made a bunch of money using his ‘title’ before he was shut down.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i have deja vu, im sure i commented on this thread elsewhere like a month ago?

am i going crazy!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.