Olzel
Participant
@olzel

Hi people!

So yeah, just arrived on the forum, and I have so many questions I don’t know where to start. I guess first of all I should tell you about me. So i haven’t any tatto.. yet. I’ve been thinking of getting one for the past two years, and seriously thinking about it for the past year. I probably haven’t done it yet because I really want to do this right.
The one thing I know is I really really want to get a tattoo. Like really.

First of all, I just can’t seem to find a tattoo that suits me. I have literally seen tens on thousands of tatto pics on the internet, but none I would be ready to have lifelong on my body. So i decided the only way was to design my own tattoo. Thing is, i suck dick at drawing or anything that come close to drawing or designing. So this leads to my first question: is there a place on this forum where people can submit ideas for tattos and other people design it? The only thing i have figured out so far is that I want something related to music, music is the only constant in my life and something i’m sure i won’t regret. I know it’s really vague, but if i can get in contact with someone who would be willing to design it we could go more into details.

Second thing (less important I guess but important nonetheless) is where I would get it done. I don’t want it somewhere to visible, if i’m going to do this tattoo it’s for me and not for others to see, but that’s my view on things. I was thinking of the ribs, but i always heard it was the area that caused the most pain. Or maybe on my back, just under the shoulder. What other places would look nice? Anywho, that’s secondary, first thing is to find a tattoo that suits me.

That’s about it for now, I know it was a long thread, so thanks if you’re still reading, I really hope to find some answers here.

Cheers!

Olzel

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum. Yes there is a place you can go where you tell people your idea and they will draw it up for you. It’s called a tattoo studio, The artist that will be doing the tattoo draw’s up the tattoo it’s part of the process.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

don’t get a tattoo. it’s not for you.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I started getting inked the same way, out of public view, Im not getting tattooed for you or anyone else to look at, they are personal and for me, I only got visably tattooed when I ran out of room!

definatelty go to a shop with your ideas and any reference material you have a have a professional artist design you a custgom piece, thats all most of us will wear

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Don’t worry about how painful one spot is over the other. Don’t let that dictate where you get the tattoo. Get it exactly where you want it. You’ll live through the pain. It’s not a big deal. The important thing is that you get what you want where you want it.

You’re also going to have to be more specific when you go to an artist with your idea. Music is too broad of a subject. You need to narrow it down. I have a client that has a boom-box tattooed on his chest because he loves hip hop. Maybe not for you, but just an example.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

1. Find a good shop and let a qualified artist design something based on your ideas.
2. Don’t choose tattoo location based upon the pain factor. That said, the upper arm is one of the most pain-free areas to get one and is out of sight unless you’re wearing a sleeveless shirt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.