voruber
@

Almost a month ago I went to a tattoo shop in austin and got an om tattoo (i live in dallas), the colors are perfect and we planned it out 4-5 times over, but on the final product a lot of the lines came out jagged and uneven. It’s on my right shoulderblade so it was hard to take a picture,

I’m wondering if this can be touched up/highlighted with white ink perhaps and made more even?

ttathelp.png

When it was finished I saw the uneven lines, and I said they looked crooked but the artist told me that’s just how tattoos work. He was sort of difficult to work with so I didn’t press it, just hoped it healed better than it looked and that it could be fixed later because I am a huge perfectionist, it hurts me that the tattoo isn’t exactly how it was planned out and I haven’t been able to get it off my mind

The bottom half is darker and missing the yellow outline that is on the top, there are also several parts where the black outline is jagged and pokes out. I wanted it all to be very cohesive and even and perfect as it is a very important symbol. I may be overreacting a little bit but it took me forever to come around and get a tattoo finally, someone please help?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You could have a better artist go over it thickening the lines that would make them look better. But if it were me I wouldn’t sweat it and just start planning your cover up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

your artist wasnt very good, tattoo is wonky

plan the coverup……………research artist first next time, pick a better artist

most of the unsuspecting public doesnt know that 90% of people tattooing arent very good, they cant draw any better than you and me, some cant draw at all, most dont have enough training or time with a machine, many will never be able to tattoo better than your tattoo which is poor

unfortunately the popularity of tattoo and lure of easy money attracted alot of people to tattoo that arent very good. it is fairly easy to get into the business and standards are not very high. street shops need people to do walk ins and they dont care about a few wonky lines.

I wouldnt let 99.9% of the artists in the world tattoo me, you shouldnt either……….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.