JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

An acquaintance got a tattoo weeks ago at a local shop (didn’t know any better and just walked in)… it’s a very small infinity symbol with swirly little decorative lines coming off it. (Think something that a very fine line script tattoo would look like).

Well….. It’ll be 4 weeks Sunday since it was done, and it’s raised. Not like scabbed skin that needs to peel, like hard raised ink underneath a layer of skin. You run a finger over it and you can trace the tatt without looking at it.

Any ideas what might be wrong with it?

AdamWest
Participant
@adamwest

I think you will find it’s scare tissue caused by the artist being way too heavy handed. I have the same thing with my first tattoo same deal walked into a shop randomly with no research, I’m glad I put alot more time into my second. Live and learn 🙂

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

AdamWest is likely right, but it’s also possible that a plastic-based ink was used. A plastic-based white was used on my wife’s ankle tat and you can feel that the white sections are slightly raised.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Defiantly scar tissue, i also have some on my tribal.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Mine did something similar after I first got it, it appeared to be raised. But it eventually went away. I can’t remember the time frame, but pretty sure it wasn’t 4 weeks. Your friend might just be taking longer to heal, everyone is different.

Have them wait 6-8 weeks, that’s usually how long it takes to really decide what it’s going to look like when all is said and done.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sounds like you got the aids.
bummer I kind of liked you around here.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Awwww thanks buttwheat. I’m happy to inform you that I don’t have the aids. It’s an acquaintance that has the aids.

I made sure to check the “aids free experience” box when I got my tatts done. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.