ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

Hey guys I just joined this site about 5 mins ago. I have always wanted to get a tattoo for a long time, but now I am seriously considering it. I am 17 (18 in March) I have been working a lot and have put some money away for a tattoo. The tattoo I want is going to be a Greek heritage half-sleeve. It would symbolize my heritage and remind me of my grandfather who passed away when I was younger. I just had a few questions…
1. Would they be able to fit 3 images on a half sleeve? (Greek Parthenon, Spartan, and Aphrodite)
2. Could someone give me a price estimate doesnt have to be close just a ball park for how much that half sleeve would cost.
3. I am planning on getting the tat in March, when should I go to the tattoo shop for the first time to get a appointment, is now too soon?
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it.

Panter
Participant
@panter

1) No idea, sorry, but don’t see why not

2) Only your artist can answer this. To give you an idea, the ink on my lower outside leg is going to cost nearly £3000.00 by the time it’s finished whereas some people seem to get virtually full coverage for that sort of money!

3) No, go now. If you go to someone really good (and you should) then you’ll probably be lucky to get a March appointment anyway.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum! 🙂

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

1. You should be able to just fine, but your artist will need to answer this for sure depending on the art you specifically want
2. Some artists charge for the job, some go by the hour. Costs are all over the map, but remember this: you get what you pay for, and you will have this for the rest of your life. This is not the time to be bargain hunting. Lot of bad tattoos out there, don’t be one of them!
3. Good shops book up fast! My local shop here is usually two months out for the establlished artists. Better to check now and find out for sure.

Good luck with your tattoo! Make sure you post pics once you get it done so we can see. And welcome to the forum!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Briscogun;98514 wrote:
1. You should be able to just fine, but your artist will need to answer this for sure depending on the art you specifically want
2. Some artists charge for the job, some go by the hour. Costs are all over the map, but remember this: you get what you pay for, and you will have this for the rest of your life. This is not the time to be bargain hunting. Lot of bad tattoos out there, don’t be one of them!
3. Good shops book up fast! My local shop here is usually two months out for the establlished artists. Better to check now and find out for sure.

Good luck with your tattoo! Make sure you post pics once you get it done so we can see. And welcome to the forum!

This is great advise.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate the advice. This is a very helpful forum I cant wait to get tatted!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.