Crustlust
@

Hi everyone! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am thinking of doing a whole black/white,good/evil etc. thing and want a katana with a white hilt and possibly sheath running down my side. Now I’m wondering if there is any good color that can substitute white well without looking like crap? I mean on a larger scale and not for shadows or contours and such.

All large scale white tattoos I’ve seen have looked like crap, faded or have a strange nasty color to them. So is there something else that can work besides leaving it blank (skin color) or should i just give up on a whiteish large scale tattoo? :p

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Definitely don’t leave it skin color. I think you should find a different material than ivory or whatever is white that you chose for the handle. What about Jade, or maybe even a blue’ish metal handle or something?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My skull is color’d in white, let’s just say it doesn’t stay white for long.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

There are ways to make natural skin appear to look white using cool colors and warm colors in strategic places in your tattoo. A good artist can make it happen.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
DavidJednat;98255 wrote:
There are ways to make natural skin appear to look white using cool colors and warm colors in strategic places in your tattoo. A good artist can make it happen.

Surely that would depend entirely on the person’s skin tone. A darker-than-average Caucasian will never have white skin, no matter how much contrasting material you surround it with ๐Ÿ™‚

Amok
Participant
@amok

If you look at my rabbit tattoo in my album, the artist said he used blue to get the white rabbit fur, not white ink. Must be a combo of colors as David said without actually using white. But I have pasty white skin ๐Ÿ™‚

udep555
Participant
@udep555

Dude with out white color i think tattoos are not too much attractive and specially skin color.Tattoos are attractive to when they make with the shining color..I really like these tattoos…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.