poolet
Participant
@poolet

Hello guys,

I am ready to make my first tattoo and I would like your opinion…. At my first choice I have my leg muscle… But I want to know if it’s hurts.. I learn from other people that the pain is horrible and I want your experience in that… So really hurts horrible or not?? Also I want your opinion.. I would write text at english and I don’t know where to place it… What is another place that I could paste it??

Thank you in advance!!!
Kindly
poolet

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Tattoos hurt period.
Don’t let the pain make the decision on the placement of tattoo. Let the flow of the tattoo on your body make the decision on the placement.
If you could post pictures of possible locations for your tattoo we can help you decide. What would this text say?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The ankle area hurts quite a bit imho, but I agree 100% w/ buttwheat – don’t let that determine where you get inked.

Panter
Participant
@panter

As above, it will outlive you so don’t let that affect your decision at all otherwise you’ll regret it.

The pains not that bad at all, there’s a sticky thread on here somewhere you might want to read but I’m the biggest wimp on Earth, also have a major blood/needle phobia but even I have 24 Hours worth now, going in for some more later today as it happens ๐Ÿ˜‰

poolet
Participant
@poolet

Definitely I would not. That’s the reason I don’t change the place when they told me that at muscle leg it’s hurts horrible… Now
I am not ready to change place but if your suggest me something provocative I would think about it again.. As for pain don’t ever think about it just to be prepared, lest I fall from the clouds… Below are 2 pictures of tattoos the first one says: Andreas and the other second one Froso!!!

http://i54.tinypic.com/34nhac9.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/167m877.jpg

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Honestly, I’d pick a font that’s easier to read. I would never be able to read the first one, and then second one doesn’t flow.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
JENerationX;98057 wrote:
Honestly, I’d pick a font that’s easier to read. I would never be able to read the first one, and then second one doesn’t flow.

+1. The first one lacks adequate spacing between the lines for a tattoo. Forget 10 years, it’s probably be muddied in a year, as the lines are virtually on top of one another in some spots.

poolet
Participant
@poolet

so you prefer the second one right ??

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

legs were not hard for me, both sides and back of my lower legs were no big deal, ditch behind your knee is horrible, knees are HORRIBLE most artists dont tattoo their knees, it is very difficult and very painful, thighs are a piece of cake, I did front, back and outside, no problem,

the guys are right, all tattoos hurt to a degree, this is a piece of work to last a lifetime, dont let the thought of pain stop you, read other posts and set your mind to ignoring the pain or learning to accept it as part of the process

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry but I Those fonts will not tattoo well. You have to think about long term as it fades and blurs out you will not be able to read them and the will just look like blobs. heck the first one I can’t read now.

34nhac9.png
167m877.jpg

poolet
Participant
@poolet

Ok guys we had a decision with the person that he make my tattoos and we decided that it’s not worth to put 5-7 cm text on my leg. ( It’s like you have a scratch on your door car at the middle of it ) So know we are thinking about black and grey memorial.. It’s a little risk for me since memorial has a little bit more details and it will cost me more of-course… Also memorial it’s will cover the most part of my leg muscle since shadows and details it will make it more realistic. My question know… It’s better in your opinion to make a simple tattoo with text as this is my first time?? Or it’s a waste of time to spilling my leg with a mistake painted ?? Please am desperate … To understand how has the situation that was my 6th appointment with the guy and we didn’t make it to put anything on my leg even a single scratch without ink… So your my last chance… How to handle that?? The guy tells me that as much more appointment we have it’s better for us to understand and figure out what we really want for my leg… We don’t want to select the wrong decision and after 2 months to regret it!!! So were we So to conclude? At a simple text with a little more shadows or a big black and grey memorial tattoo that it will cover the most part of my leg?? Well that it’s a difficult answer and I want multiply-answers so if you have the kindly say everything you have in your mind maybe it’s helps me to take the correct decision and to avoid unwanted mistakes also it will be something that I will have it for my of my life!!

Thank you very much for your understanding!!!
And have a nice day!!!
Regards
Akis

poolet
Participant
@poolet

Ok guys we had a decision with the person that he make my tattoos and we decided that it’s not worth to put 5-7 cm text on my leg. ( It’s like you have a scratch on your door car at the middle of it ) So know we are thinking about black and grey memorial.. It’s a little risk for me since memorial has a little bit more details and it will cost me more of-course… Also memorial it’s will cover the most part of my leg muscle since shadows and details it will make it more realistic. My question know… It’s better in your opinion to make a simple tattoo with text as this is my first time?? Or it’s a waste of time to spilling my leg with a mistake painted ?? Please am desperate … To understand how has the situation that was my 6th appointment with the guy and we didn’t make it to put anything on my leg even a single scratch without ink… So your my last chance… How to handle that?? The guy tells me that as much more appointment we have it’s better for us to understand and figure out what we really want for my leg… We don’t want to select the wrong decision and after 2 months to regret it!!! So were we So to conclude? At a simple text with a little more shadows or a big black and grey memorial tattoo that it will cover the most part of my leg?? Well that it’s a difficult answer and I want multiply-answers so if you have the kindly say everything you have in your mind maybe it’s helps me to take the correct decision and to avoid unwanted mistakes also it will be something that I will have it for my of my life!!

Thank you very much for your understanding!!!
Regards
Akis

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The short answer is that if you don’t know what you want, none of us can tell you what to get.

If you’re truly concerned about the pain, then perhaps it’s best to start with something small. On the other hand, it sounds like you’re very unsure about the whole text idea. When you say memorial tattoo, are you talking about a portrait? If so, make sure you have a very good portrait artist do the work. Portraits can go horribly awry in the wrong hands.

poolet
Participant
@poolet

nearly portrait… it’s the tattoos that have a background… For example… your writing the word TEXT and there is a background around of it… And yes am 100% sure for text… I have thinking for a year now… of course I don’t want to make a mistake so I have been thinking for a long time ago!!! At the end the person that it will make my tattoo he’s the best of my country… That’s the reason that I will spent 700 euros for a tattoo :S aouts!!! It’s about 1400 $… anw….Now pain is not a problem for me since I have talk with the guy and told me that we can hit the skin without ink so I will have an idea how pain is and if is horrible Of course I will change place.. My serious problem now and I want your opinion from your experience… Is better for me to make a simple text tattoo ?? Or the guy has right is better to cover the hole area of muscle since 5-7cm tattoo on the leg it’s seems sucks?? My opinion ::: first::: Ok lets say that I painted a small text… cons: small for leg, it;s seems like a scratch not really got a matter of aesthetics… pros:::: low price, a perfect idea for first time tattoo…. Ok now lets think about memorial::
pros:: cover all the area of muscle, it’s seems like real with shadows. good analogy of beauty…. cons::: it’s not a perfect idea for first time tattoo, the price it’s a little be hurts…… So as I have check all the above cons and pros I decided that whatever I select is a good idea for me since is something that I want it…. But of course it will be help me your opinion as expert of that….

Thanks guys for all your reply it’s really helps!!

Panter
Participant
@panter

I’m hardly an expert ๐Ÿ˜‰ but…
For my first tattoo, I had something quite small in mind on the outside of my lower leg. Took the idea to my artist, who redrew it, and it ended up running from my ankle to up past the back of my knee (just over halfway through it now.)

Bottom line is I don’t regret it for a second. Yes, it hurts, yes, it’s bloody expensive but it’s going to outlive me and so far I love it ๐Ÿ˜€

As above though, make sure you’re really ready for it before you commit. I lost two deposits with artists before picking my current guy as they couldn’t come up with a design I was happy with, far cheaper than laser though and a lot less painful from what I’ve read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.