jimhathway87
Participant
@jimhathway87

For a few years now I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo. It would be my first one and because I couldn’t guess with ANY accuracy, I was curious about how much it would cost and the time it would take to complete.

http://www.tattoodonkey.com/pics/t/a/tattoos-gt-page-41-dead-tree-r-o-tattoodonkey.com.jpg

I was thinking something like this only it would be like 2/3 the size, on my calf and without the skull.

Any opinions would be great, thanks.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Hard to say, different artists price differently, I would say 400 – 500

jimhathway87
Participant
@jimhathway87

That’s not too bad. I was worried it would be a lot more. Thanks for the input.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Why ask on a forum how much a tattoo is going to be. That’s like asking somebody how much a Pint of beer is. Everywhere has different prices so go out and ask and not ask people on a forum who are only going to guess -.- atleast if you go out to a studio and ask you will know exactly. -.-

Welcome to the forum

jimhathway87
Participant
@jimhathway87

Right, thanks.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
jimhathway87;95888 wrote:
Right, thanks.

No problem mate 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

$150 an hour, and that will be maybe 10-20 hours, depending on the artist.

tricky kid
@
ArniVidar;96098 wrote:
$150 an hour, and that will be maybe 10-20 hours, depending on the artist.

10 to 20 hrs??? This guy is an obvious idiot taking guess on something he obviously knows nothing about.. If ya want it taking up ya calf mate in my studio here in Sydney ya looking at about 5/6 hrs an about 700 bucks…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
tricky kid;97717 wrote:
. If ya want it taking up ya calf mate in my studio here in Sydney ya looking at about 5/6 hrs an about 700 bucks…

Well aren’t you special?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Obviously it varies greatly by artist, exactly how much detail you want, etc, but I’d guesstimate $700+ for 2/3 the size at northeastern US rates w/ a good artist.

Amok
Participant
@amok
tricky kid;97717 wrote:
10 to 20 hrs??? This guy is an obvious idiot taking guess on something he obviously knows nothing about.. If ya want it taking up ya calf mate in my studio here in Sydney ya looking at about 5/6 hrs an about 700 bucks…

Gee that’s such a great advertisement for your shop, can’t wait to get my next tattoo there!

BigAl
Participant
@bigal

That would be around 300 I’d say at my artist he is pretty standard anything he can get done in under like 6 hours usuallys doesn’t run any more then that but he also.likes tips lol

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BigAl;97728 wrote:
That would be around 300 I’d say at my artist he is pretty standard anything he can get done in under like 6 hours usuallys doesn’t run any more then that but he also.likes tips lol

$300 for 6 hours? 😮 Is his portfolio online?

BigAl
Participant
@bigal

Well I said under six hours LOL and it’d be mostly black and gray… he doesnt have a protfolio online he is pretty old school but he is pretty good he is doing my half sleeve check.out my other threads to see those pics but yea I mean he told me he pretty much does it.like that unless he doesn’t like you then its like 150$ a hour

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Oh right, ok, I remember now … looks pretty good. If I paid that in my area, I’d come away with something looking like the infamous phoenix back piece posted here. 😡

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.