Dennis620
Participant
@dennis620

Hey,

So I’ve wanted a tattoo for the longest time (~4 years now) and I know what I want it to represent. It will be in memory of my grandfather, but instead of getting his face plastered on my chest and his birthdate and day of death I want to get something that represents the way he lived his life. He worked very hard and did whatever he could to accomplish his goals and become successful (which was incredibly difficult as he lived in a poor area of the Dominican Republic) but he never lost sight of what was most important to him and the little things in life brought him happiness.

TL;DR: I need ideas for a tattoo that represents working hard to become successful but never forgetting what truly matters. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I know that it’s supposed to be something I come up with and I do plan to design it (with help from someone artistic of course) but I’d just like some ideas to help jumpstart something.

Thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What did your grandpa like? Is there anything that you see that reminds you of your grandpa? ( like he loved to build things and when you see a hammer you think of him. or he was a landscaper and when you see a lawn mower you think of him.)
I think you are on your way to getting a proper memorial tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Like butthead said.

Get thing’s that remind you of him. So when you look at the tattoo you will automatically think of your grandpa.

For example i am also planning something for my Granddad. Im getting my Granddad’s name in some cool writting with some playing cards in the background with a race horse with a jockey on it jumping over he’s name.

Dennis620
Participant
@dennis620

Good idea, guys. I’m going to start thinking about the times we had when I was a kid and jot some notes down about anything that sticks out.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.