katisanse
@

So I got a new tattoo about 4 days ago. This is my fifth one, it’s some script on the front of my thigh. Yesterday morning i woke to find I had broken out in hives above and below the tattoo, not actually on it. I’m not sure what to do about it. I have eczema so hives aren’t a foreign thing but they are clearly just around the new tattoo. When I looks it up online it says it is a sign of an allergic reaction to the ink, but I have 4 other tattoos and this has never happened before.
The only thing I can think that might be causing it is irritation. When I am out and about I have been trying to keep it wrapped so that my pants rubbing up against it wouldn’t bother it, but the bandaging always ended up falling off. I tried to spend as much time as possible yesterday with it un bandanged with my pants hiked up so nothing would be rubbing against it, but the hives are still there. I have been trying to keep it really moisturized, thinking that will help, but I’m really worried.
any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to get rid of it? I’m scared to put anything on the hives because my tattoo is still healing. But if the hives spread and are actually on the tattoo will it mess things up?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I’ve seen this before.

What the doctor said was to go in your kitchen get a knife and chop your leg off.

But serriosly. Go to a doctor.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It could be whatever your using for after care. Stop using whatever it is and let that thing dry out. Take a benadryl and relax. If it fucks it up it fucks it up nothing you can do about so stressing about will do nothing except make your hives worse. Are you sure that it’s hives? a pic would help.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

It could be a reaction to the ink, but is more likely a reaction to the stuff you are using – either because you used a bit too much or simply b/c you are allergic to it altogether. If you are going to cover it, cover it very loosely so it can breathe.

Anyway, do as buttwheat said. Also, if they are indeed hives, they will not damage your tattoo at all as long as you don’t scratch them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.