mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

There are some scary tattoo’s out there,
my 2 cents is to only use a known tattoo artist that you have researched. In any city and town there are may bad and few good artists. Atlanta has nearly 300 shops listed but I would only let about 8 artists touch me.
get on the internet, look in the magazines! if the guy your going to has never been published dont chose him! if he hasnt won a tattoo of the day or some other trophy at a recent convention get someone else. prices? every artists I have worked with has been willing to work with me on these large pieces, its worth it!
you wear this ink forever, you want to wear the good stuff, do your work up front, you will wear a better piece

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Would like to see pics of your ink!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my album link under my avatar is full of picks, not all of them yet, but enough to get ya started

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;93107 wrote:
my album link under my avatar is full of picks, not all of them yet, but enough to get ya started

Certainly looks like very solid work across the board and you’ve got a few artists in there that are on my personal short list (e.g. Abbott, Paetzold, Tedder, Vennekamp, Woods). I’m not feeling that anorexic baby elephant though. The proportions are off and the legs just look deformed. It seems very out of place with the rest of your ink imho.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah, the elephant gets bad marks cause the pic sucks, makes it look deformed, my fault J Ranno is a good artist, the piece is out of place but has special meaning to me……………thats one thing about my collection, it has no coherence, alot of people could have gone to the group of artists I have used so far and just let the artists choose pieces that they knew would win trophies and make print, some folks are doing that now, the art work itself means nothing to them, thats fine, I dont judge, but I am not a model and all my ink was designed with my input and most of it was totally my idea as a personal piece to me. its about who I am, my family, my life and times.
but I know some folks just like a killer piece, doesnt always have to mean something

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.