hipsterswag
@

ive been absolutely dying to get something done for quite some time, and especially lately. unfortunately, funds are never really in place to make it happen. but i came up with a small, and real simple idea, and want to get it done mostly for the sake of finally getting something done.

i want the vans logo on the back of my heel (in the same place it is on the sole of the shoes)
but i dont know the first thing about ink on heels, and wanted some feedback on it.
i hear feet generally hurt, but my concern isnt so much the process as how it would feel afterwards. i was thinking about getting it done before work tomorrow.. and id be on my feet all day. would i have any chance at surviving that?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I don’t think it would heel (sorry, couldn’t resist) well at all. If you’re going to get it done, you need to wash the tat within a few hours and then preferably let it breathe. In any case, you don’t want anything rubbing against it or harboring bacteria which will be tough if you’re wearing socks and shoes at work.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

really bad idea if your on your feet all day. If i was getting a foot tattoo id be wearing flip flops for a couple of weeks to let it heal a bit.

And another thing it’s a bad idea just for getting something done for the sake of it anyway. Pick something you really want and save for it.

trinxie
Participant
@trinxie

I had the tops of my feet tattoed and didn’t have to go back to work for 4 days. But as I work in a factory I have to wear steal toed boots. So after wearing socks (wear them inside out if you have to wear them) for one 12 hour shift, it took most of the color out of my tattoo. I had to have them redone 2 mos later. I agree with the first posters to not get it done unless you can wear flip flops for a couple of days to let it heal as much as possible. Good luck.

Amok
Participant
@amok
WardyInk;91152 wrote:
really bad idea if your on your feet all day. If i was getting a foot tattoo id be wearing flip flops for a couple of weeks to let it heal a bit.

And another thing it’s a bad idea just for getting something done for the sake of it anyway. Pick something you really want and save for it.

this is good advice, never get a tattoo for the sake of getting one, you’ll end up regretting it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.