The Fonz
Participant
@the-fonz

So I went over to the tattoo parlor (Smilin’ Rick in Denton, TX, if anyone is familiar with that place?) and the guy said he could do my tattoo (the chinese writing of my last name). He mentioned something about needing to make it a certain size cause the gaps are a little too small which may bleed over time if we don’t enlarge the tattoo. Is this common with tattoos?

I also have a second question. I am a weight lifter and as I have never had a tattoo i don’t know what the side effects are of dramatic weight gain/loss. I bulk and cut at various times and I’m just curious if that causes distortions. For example, I weigh 230 right now and i’m currently cutting to 200. will that mess up the tattoo?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im not 100% sure but.. i know allot of people who spend like 20 hours in the gym a week with tattoo’s and theres are fine. You need to wait till the tattoo has 100% healed before thinking of doing weights though i would think.

The Fonz
Participant
@the-fonz

Also if you typically grow hair over that spot where you get the tattoo, does the hair cease growing or do I need to shave the area often.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why would the hair stop growing? If you want your tattoo completely clean, you’ll have to start shaving very regularly. Personally, I decided that I did not want to spend the rest of my life shaving all my hairs for 2 hours a day, so I let the hair grow over it.

Depending on the size that you brought him, I’d think it’s very likely that it needs to bigger than you think. All ink will eventually bleed out, and the closer the lines are together the more risk there is of them turning into a blob. Also, if your tattooer is crap it’ll be all blown out from the first and it’ll look like shit from then on.

As for the weight lifting, something as simple as Kanji/Sinitic can’t really distort that much. Even if you became 1200lbs, it’d still look more or less the same.. so that shouldn’t be much of an issue for you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

As for the weight lifting as wardy said make sure it’s healed before you start lifting again. If you take 3 weeks off of lifting it won’t ruin your body but doing to much lifting(or whatever) could ruin your tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If you don’t want to shave could always use hair removal cream then just re-apply it every 6weeks?

The Fonz
Participant
@the-fonz
WardyInk;87094 wrote:
If you don’t want to shave could always use hair removal cream then just re-apply it every 6weeks?

That won’t damage the tattoo?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

let it heal first but after it as healed i can’t see it harming the tat

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.