KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

Hello everyone!
I’m new to this forum and i apologize for my english!
I’m about to have my first tattoo tomorrow morning and I’m a nerve rack..The tattoo I choose is not a small one and tattoist told me it will take at least 2 hours to finish it. So I’m thinking using a tranquilizer pill half an hour before getting it to control my stress cause I’ve heard that if you are afraid you’ll experience pain in a higher level..
So I’m asking you guys..is it too much? It’s just a harmless anxiolytic pill.. I can’t find another way to control my stress..
thanks for your time..

Adler
Participant
@adler

I wouldn’t. First, two hours isn’t really that long for a tattoo and second you’re going to drive the artist nuts if you’re all stressed out. Alot of it is mental, if you approach it the way you are like it’s going to be torture then it will be. You need to get yourself in a more positive state of mind or this will not be a pleasant experience for you or the artist. I’m not sure taking an anti-anxiety pill will help if you’re that mentally stressed already. Honestly, if you’re that concerned do yourself and artist a favor and reschedule your appointment. It’s really not that bad, though, you’re making it out to be worse than it actually is.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Focus on your breathing. Take regular breaths and don’t hold your breath when getting tattooed. Alot of people ignore this and suffer for it. Eat something starchy beforehand and bring a sugary drink to sip on during the process. You’ll probably be shocked at how easy it goes. Also tell the artist if you are getting the least bit dizzy or light-headed. It’s not a problem, but something to watch out for nonetheless. Good luck and all hopes to it going well for you.

Adler
Participant
@adler
DavidJednat;86051 wrote:
Focus on your breathing. Take regular breaths and don’t hold your breath when getting tattooed. Alot of people ignore this and suffer for it. Eat something starchy beforehand and bring a sugary drink to sip on during the process. You’ll probably be shocked at how easy it goes. Also tell the artist if you are getting the least bit dizzy or light-headed. It’s not a problem, but something to watch out for nonetheless. Good luck and all hopes to it going well for you.

Excellent advice.

KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

thank both of you!!

KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

I DID IT!!!The experience was amazing!!To tell the truth it hurt but not too bad!!Now I have to take care of it properly..I’m already thinking my next design..
xxx

KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

I DID IT!!!The experience was amazing!!To tell the truth it hurt but not too bad!!Now I have to take care of it properly..I’m already thinking my next design..
xxx

Adler
Participant
@adler

Congrats, that’s the way most people think is that it wasn’t as bad as expected. Be careful because once you’re hooked there’s no turning back. Picture, please.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Glad it went well. I figured you’d be fine. Millions of people have been tattooed with no medication what so ever and lived through it. It’s a rite of passage. Welcome to the club!

KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

2hours isent really that long for a tattoo mate, and you should experiance the pain you might find it relaxing like myself.

Adler
Participant
@adler

The picture link doesn’t work.

KonstantinaB
Participant
@konstantinab

how the heck I upload my pic..?have no idea..please help..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You can upload a pic to a picture hosting site like tiny pic or photo bucket then post the link to the pic. Or you can upload the pic from your computer into your tattoo album here.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.