plearbear
Participant
@plearbear

tumblr_lj5pog3hmP1qif133o1_500.jpg

I want this on my shoulder/back, full-sized and in color. I want to get it at a really good parlor (if you have any suggestions, I live in the Dallas area, I think my cousin is going to refer me to someone but suggestions are always welcome)

I just wanted to know how much this will probably cost at a good place. I’ve got a couple hundred in my “tattoo fund” already, but I want to know how much longer I’ll have to save to get this 🙂

Thank you everyone!

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

I’m also from Dallas, and I know the artists at Randy Adam’s are good. I personally go to a smaller shop in Hurst called pipeline tattoos. The chick that run’s it is pretty chill and also a great artist.

These are the only two I’ve actually been too, but there are plenty of shops all over the place, so look around or just go with your friends suggestion.

As for price I would suspect that you gonna be using you’re entire “tattoo fund” maybe even a little more, just depending on how big you actually end up getting it.

Best of luck with the ink though and make sure to keep us posted.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

By full size do you mean all the way to the butt?
Probably around 98233 rupees.

plearbear
Participant
@plearbear
ithompson;85214 wrote:
I’m also from Dallas, and I know the artists at Randy Adam’s are good. I personally go to a smaller shop in Hurst called pipeline tattoos. The chick that run’s it is pretty chill and also a great artist.

These are the only two I’ve actually been too, but there are plenty of shops all over the place, so look around or just go with your friends suggestion.

As for price I would suspect that you gonna be using you’re entire “tattoo fund” maybe even a little more, just depending on how big you actually end up getting it.

Best of luck with the ink though and make sure to keep us posted.

Awesome, thank you for the suggestions! I actually think pipeline is what my cousin recommended.

And I’m definitely not worried about spending a lot of money, especially if it’s a really good artist, I just wanted to get some kind of estimate so I at least know how much to expect spending.

I want it from the top of my shoulder all the way down my back, and in color, so I’m sure it’ll be pretty pricey 🙂 That’s not a problem though.

Thank you!!

plearbear
Participant
@plearbear
buttwheat;85215 wrote:
By full size do you mean all the way to the butt?
Probably around 98233 rupees.

Yeah, not literally like ending ON my butt or anything but all the way down to like the small of my back I guess.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

By a decent artists somewhere like a grand or two

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Cue dr evil now…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It seems abit of a impossible question really this dude as different studio’s charge differently a hour…

but for arguments sake where i go it would be about £100-150

ArniVidar
@arnividar
plearbear;85217 wrote:
Yeah, not literally like ending ON my butt or anything but all the way down to like the small of my back I guess.

So, basically it’s almost half of a backpiece?

And why this design? What’s so special about it?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

looks like a wing, and is going to look wierd unless you mirror it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then it going to look REALLY wierd…………..

plearbear
Participant
@plearbear
ArniVidar;85254 wrote:
So, basically it’s almost half of a backpiece?

And why this design? What’s so special about it?

Yeah pretty much. Just the one wing
And it has a story about it, but it’s kind of a long story and I don’t really want to get into that.

reefdiver;85275 wrote:
looks like a wing, and is going to look wierd unless you mirror it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then it going to look REALLY wierd…………..

So you think it wouldn’t really work out? I’m definitely open to opinions, if anyone doesn’t like it then don’t hesitate to let me know… I’ve had so many people say they love the idea and I’ve been wanting it for a while but I’m definitely willing to hear what anyone has to say

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

That piece will set you back a good $1500 (possibly more) if you want it to stretch from shoulder to base of spine and you are using a reputable artist.

As for the design it is a nice design but the main question everybody will always ask you is ‘Why one wing?’

We tend to prefer symmetry in art and it is kind of natural to think of wings as been in pairs otherwise it may look unfinished or a bit odd (even if there are reasons for just being the one).

Take Care
Matthew

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

crikey sherav, i wouldn’t like the price of the studio you go to!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
WardyInk;85311 wrote:
crikey sherav, i wouldn’t like the price of the studio you go to!

And I definitely don’t like the price of the studio you go to!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Wardy

I admit my artist could be considered expensive (although he does cut me a discount) and he is usually booked for 6-12 mths in advance and he works 8-8 6 days a week minimum so I pay for I perceive to be work.

I am booked in for a leg piece and the earliest he could fit me was September 1 for 3 hours (and this was a as a favour because I had 3k worth of backpiece done with him and will have to wait to get the other 3-4 hours follow up session) – but it is worth it as I like his work. 😀

I always suggest the high end of a price tag to ppl on forums for the following reasons;

1. They can then afford the best possible artist with no compromise (on your skin for life).

2. They can afford to have the size and detail that they want without compromise.

3. They will prob have a chunk left over for a nice tip, more ink, or something else.

I know that ink can be gotten cheaper but unless I know they are a reputable artist with experience I personally do not take the risk as my body is not practice canvas.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.