Zouave
Participant
@zouave

If I don’t wear sunscreen, could my tattoo ever be entirely erased from sun damage? I know this can make them blurry, but could it actually fade them so much that they wear off?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

In a lifetime of constant sun, sure.. why not? You could probably fade it down to almost nothing at all in, say, 50-80 years of being baked.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Why not just wear sunscreen? A tattoo is a lifelong investment so if u dont treat it as such, then whats the point? I use lotion everyday and wear sunscreen whenever i know i will be out in the sun, i also exfoliate my skin around once a month (after tattoo has long fully healed).

But in answer to youjr question, there are sailors that have never used sunscreen and most pics i have seen, the tattoo hasnt completely disappeared but has gotten super faded and blobby. I havent seen a case where the tattoo completely disappeared.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark
yodaddynukka;85079 wrote:
Why not just wear sunscreen? A tattoo is a lifelong investment so if u dont treat it as such, then whats the point? I use lotion everyday and wear sunscreen whenever i know i will be out in the sun, i also exfoliate my skin around once a month (after tattoo has long fully healed).

But in answer to youjr question, there are sailors that have never used sunscreen and most pics i have seen, the tattoo hasnt completely disappeared but has gotten super faded and blobby. I havent seen a case where the tattoo completely disappeared.

Agreed, I’ve never seen them completely faded to nothing. Even on older people at the ages of 60 – 70.

Cheers,
Marcus

Zouave
Participant
@zouave

Thanks for the answers. I honestly don’t get an extreme amount of sun, and I never tan. If I were going to be in some serious sun, I’d wear sunscreen. I just sometimes get weird thoughts in my head like this, sort of “what if” scenarios and whatnot.

Anyways, I appreciate the responses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.