stefan-t22
Participant
@stefan-t22

hey everyone,

i’m planning on getting a tattoo in the following month or so. i live in denmark so summer (as in high temperatures) will not come here till june, actually july 😀 great thing in this case! so i’m going to get my ink somewhere in april. that will give me enough time to get it ready for “showing off” :p

i’m planning on getting something done on my upper back, right side. it’s going to be medium size…as in not the full right side.

i was wondering if any of you, out there, have tried taking vitamins in order to help the body heal the tattoo faster. even healthy people can lack vitamins in a certain amount.

i was considering of taking some vitamins i bought for the gym. supercharged stuff 😎 for a week or two before getting tattooed.

what do you think?

PS. i searched the forums in order to avoid double posting….and found out about vitamin E being used externally, directly on the tattooed skin. does that improve the chances of getting vivid colors?

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

The tattoo will heal best by itself, just keep it lubed up with what ever you chose to use, Aquaphor is my choice.. Never heard of taking vitamins, just don’t mess with it for a week or two and the colors will be solid

stefan-t22
Participant
@stefan-t22

does “messing” with it include work,as in physical?
and by physical work i mean bending down, wearing a rain suit, sweating.

some other kind users of the forum suggested i should get days off from work. but i don’t know how many. because my boss will kick me out immediately :confused:

Adler
Participant
@adler

Vitamins aren’t really going to have any effect on healing. You can’t expect to stop your life after getting the tattoo but you really should be careful in my opinion. Remember that dirt, sweat, friction and excessive stretching aren’t great, at least for the first few days until it settles in a little and starts to heal. I have taken a day or two off from work when I could (I was also the supervisor though) but then I bring my ointment with me so I can apply it during the day so the fresh tattoo doesn’t dry out.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Vitamins aren’t really going to have any effect on healing. You can’t expect to stop your life after getting the tattoo but you really should be careful in my opinion. Remember that dirt, sweat, friction and excessive stretching aren’t great, at least for the first few days until it settles in a little and starts to heal. I have taken a day or two off from work when I could (but I was the supervisor) but then I bring my ointment with me so I can apply it during the day so the fresh tattoo doesn’t dry out.

stefan-t22
Participant
@stefan-t22
BigZach;83521 wrote:
The tattoo will heal best by itself, just keep it lubed up with what ever you chose to use, Aquaphor is my choice.. Never heard of taking vitamins, just don’t mess with it for a week or two and the colors will be solid

i’ve been looking on the internal website with the help of little google and found nothing. not a&d nor aquaphor. just eucerin products came back as a result.

is there somewhere on this forum information about what should these products contain? like odor free soap/shower gel, ointments, bar soap for hands and so on. thanks

Baliw.ako
Participant
@baliw-ako

If you can get these products I would recommend these.

Simple soap, the brand is called simple. Use Bepanthen.

Wash with simple soap 3 times a day, pat dry with paper towels, leave to air dry. Apply thin layer of Bepanthen. Do this for 4 days, then you can switch from Bepanthen to Cocoa butter which is amazing for tattoos.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Aquaphor is made by Eucerin, and like most everything else I’ve heard people have had mixed results with Bepanthen. I also like the pure 100% shea butter on my healing and after healied tattoos.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
BigZach;83521 wrote:
The tattoo will heal best by itself, just keep it lubed up

I’m a big fan of dry healing and less is better when healing a tattoo.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

I used Bepanthen on my back when it was healing, came out fine.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Seeing as you are in Denmark, I say go out to any store and get Neutral Shower Gel. It’s a liquid soap with no added crap, and perfect to use to clean yourself while your tattoo is healing. (I use it daily for my eczema, so I have a ready supply)

Then go to a pharmacy and get Helosan Original (the blue tube) but NOT the anti-bacterial (green tube) or the other one I forget what is (red tube) and use that to keep the stuff lubricated. Apply VERY little at a time, but as often throughout the day as you need to keep it from cracking. I found that applying every few hours worked fine for mine. Since you’ll be working and stuff, I wouldn’t recommend dry healing at all.

Helosan is THE preferred lubricant in Scandinavia, recommended by all the artists I’ve ever talked to or asked about.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.