IHeart
Participant
@iheart

Hi,

Yes, I joined this forum with the specific purpose of requesting help 😀

Backstory: Freshman yr in highschool, kids came to class with indian ink and a needle. My dumb-a$$ let them tattoo my wrist with this heart (no, I don’t have HIV, thank God): xd77o0.jpg

Well that was 15 yrs ago and since then I’ve regularly doodled all over it filling it in with different color marker etc.. Back in highschool when I met my husband I used to put I above the heart and then under it, his name.

So, now I’m seriously considering making it permanent. I’d like something delicate, tasteful, and glorious. I like soft colors (I’m a Pisces) Sea greens, lavenders. Something mystical.

It would be something like this quick awful sketch: 11h5lxh.jpg

My question is two-part:
A) Could you steer me in the direction of some sites with a good design for this?
B) How much should I prepare myself for this costing?

I really appreciate any help.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Personally, id get that covered with something much better (that heart is particularly bad), instead of just adding more crap to it. Also, the act of getting a lover’s name tattooed on you is almost cursed. Nearly everyone whon does something like that ends up regretting it, splitting up with the person in question, and/or getting it covered. Buuuut thats just my own opinion.

Moving on, your idea could work, however, the text might have to be a little bigger, particularly the name underneath the heart. This is to prevent the letters from becoming a blob of ink you cant read over time. You dont really need a website with designs, since worthing in that small space really limits what you can get. You should just go to a good artist and tell them what you want, discuss what exactly you want done (things like font, any kind of shading, colour, etc). Shouldnt take very long to do aswell. They will probably just charge you the shop minimum, which can be anywhere from $40-80 (the shop i go to charges $60).

IHeart
Participant
@iheart

Thank you for your input. I was not aware of the curse.. I am reconsidering it now. Well, I already was but going to ask husband’s opinion. I think I will be stopping by a parlor after all and talking to them about it. I have a worse one I did myself a yr later on my hip… it’s really really bad. I.was.so.stupid!

I’m assuming that because it’s so light it can be easily covered. I sure hope so.

IHeart
Participant
@iheart

Now I’m thinking of doing a flower vine from part way up the forearm and wrapping to the wrist.. thoughts?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
IHeart;83220 wrote:
Now I’m thinking of doing a flower vine from part way up the forearm and wrapping to the wrist.. thoughts?

That sounds great now you just need to find a great tattoo artist and turn that cruddy little heart into something beautiful.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
IHeart;83220 wrote:

Definitely do-able. The heart looks pretty faded, so i dont think it should be difficult to cover. Just make sure to do all the research you can, visit every shop in your area, look at all the portfolios you can get your hands on, ask the artists questions about their experience, style, rates, etc.

IHeart
Participant
@iheart
buttwheat;83224 wrote:
That sounds great now you just need to find a great tattoo artist and turn that cruddy little heart into something beautiful.

How sick is it that it slightly hurt that you called my first tat experience ‘cruddy’ 😮 I will miss my cruddy little heart. That’s it’s new name.

Thanks for the input y’all! 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it is your first after all.. you never forget your first.. the one that took your virginity away. And as often is with such things, your first was a prick and ruined the whole experience for you, leaving you scarred for life. But just know that there are others out there.. better at what they do, that can leave you feeling happy and content like never before.

Good luck.

IHeart
Participant
@iheart

Thanks 🙂 Yes, my first will always be an interesting story. But I am ready to grow up and move on. I pray I can find the right artist for me and my cruddy little heart. <3

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
IHeart;83248 wrote:
I pray I can find the right artist for me and my cruddy little heart. <3

Were are you from? The people here are from all over and can help with finding a great artist. Or if you find someone you think is good post a link to their portfolio and we can take a look and make sure that they will be the right artist for you. Good luck with the cruddy little tattoo.

IHeart
Participant
@iheart
buttwheat;83251 wrote:
Were are you from? The people here are from all over and can help with finding a great artist. Or if you find someone you think is good post a link to their portfolio and we can take a look and make sure that they will be the right artist for you. Good luck with the cruddy little tattoo.

Thanks 😀 From Tallahassee, FL. It may be a month or so before I get to go hunting for an artist but once I do I’ll post about it.

KrohDaddi
Participant
@krohdaddi

jobbluesm.jpg

Art Nouveau?

J4yJ4y
@

I must agree with the statement that getting a lovers name is most definently a curse. The heart is not worth saving and would be best covered up. If you come up with a design idea, I would be happy to draw something up for you. Just leave a message for me on this site or Facebook at Skin Tapestry.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.