MrAlex2You
Participant
@mralex2you

Hi everyone – my first post here.

I got my tattoo exactly 20 days ago. (2 weeks and 6 days) It did scab, and the scabbing naturally fell off. I did not pick at it, and it never itched, so I never had that problem either. However, it’s looked wrinkled and scaly for the past few days, and I’m wondering if this normal?

I’ve attached a VERY high-resolution and detailed photo of it, so you can clearly see what it’s doing.

Too dry? Please give me your advice!

?action=view&current=tatpic.jpg

(I’m not sure if the image is showing up – it’s not on my Mac.. link is http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/FluteJunky/?action=view&current=tatpic.jpg)

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

You’ll be fine, the wrinkles will leave and it will look normal in a couple weeks.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Enjoy it while it’s nice and shiny. 🙂

What does that tattoo mean or stand for? Is it an equal sign?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Don’t worry about it at all. That’s just what new tender tattooed skin looks like. Keep it moisturized and it will be fine.

MrAlex2You
Participant
@mralex2you
jsimpson4;82637 wrote:
Enjoy it while it’s nice and shiny. 🙂

What does that tattoo mean or stand for? Is it an equal sign?

It is an equal sign – it’s an equality sign. Symbolizing equality, of course. All for it! Also the logo of the Human Rights Campaign.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

tatpic.jpg

Just put some lotion on it.

Roumn hope
Participant
@roumn-hope

Hello there i had my tattoo done about 2 weeks ago and it looks shiny and wrinkled same as yours so i want to ask you if your tattoo has got any better as im freaked of that my tattoo will remain shiny and wrinkled pls help

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Roumn hope 133617 wrote:

Hello there i had my tattoo done about 2 weeks ago and it looks shiny and wrinkled same as yours so i want to ask you if your tattoo has got any better as im freaked of that my tattoo will remain shiny and wrinkled pls help

No I’m sorry he died of the aids last year

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

That would be the dermis, or second layer. Baby skin.

Don’t worry. It’ll heal in time. 🙂

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

232_zps8bfdc64c.jpg

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Roumn hope 133617 wrote:

Hello there i had my tattoo done about 2 weeks ago and it looks shiny and wrinkled same as yours so i want to ask you if your tattoo has got any better as im freaked of that my tattoo will remain shiny and wrinkled pls help 09-24-2013

@DavidJednat 82639 wrote:

Don’t worry about it at all. That’s just what new tender tattooed skin looks like. Keep it moisturized and it will be fine. 03-08-2011

@Brian@Inkbox 82634 wrote:

You’ll be fine, the wrinkles will leave and it will look normal in a couple weeks. 03-08-2011

@buttwheat 82651 wrote:

Just put some lotion on it. 03-08-2011

so Roumn , why did’nt you read any of the replies ?

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Reading’s for hags, wimps, and gays.

brittanymaria423
Participant
@brittanymaria423

Sorry to piggyback off this thread, but I have a newish small tattoo on my inner ankle that is now 6 weeks old and still has that wrinkled skin over the lines and is shiny and slightly raised. Is this normal for it be taking longer to heal? I am hoping that the ink eventually settles into the skin for a matte finish. I have been following the aftercare instructions to a tee.

Any advice?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.