masamune69
Participant
@masamune69

Hi guys I’m gonna ask some questions and i need best answer please!

Just gona start from this one: #1. whats the best sun cream for tattoos?
#2. does healing cream effects old tattoos in a bad way?
#3. what can damage a newly done tattoo and whats the best healing simple method?
#4. how to recognize an infection?
#5. how to apply healing cream?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
masamune69;82365 wrote:

#3. what can damage a newly done tattoo and whats the best healing simple method?

1. whats the best sun cream for tattoos? they say anything above SPF 30 is all marketing hype, but make sure you get UVA/UVB protection.
#2. does healing cream effects old tattoos in a bad way? if you use too much then you have a chance of scabbing.
#3. what can damage a newly done tattoo and whats the best healing simple method? SUN SUN SUN! and of course if it keeps getting rubbed or scratched. there is no BEST method, but the tried and true method is: use thin layer of aquaphor 2 times a day, and as soon as your tattoo starts to peel, switch to fragrance free lotion.
#4. how to recognize an infection? swollen, irritated, puss.
#5. how to apply healing cream? um, with clean hands???

Adler
Participant
@adler

What do you mean by healing cream? Please give specific examples.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
yodaddynukka;82366 wrote:
1. whats the best sun cream for tattoos? they say anything above SPF 30 is all marketing hype, but make sure you get UVA/UVB protection.
#2. does healing cream effects old tattoos in a bad way? if you use too much then you have a chance of scabbing.
#3. what can damage a newly done tattoo and whats the best healing simple method? SUN SUN SUN! and of course if it keeps getting rubbed or scratched. there is no BEST method, but the tried and true method is: use thin layer of aquaphor 2 times a day, and as soon as your tattoo starts to peel, switch to fragrance free lotion.
#4. how to recognize an infection? swollen, irritated, puss.
#5. how to apply healing cream? um, with clean hands???

This is good advise

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

thanks mr. wheat.

Leah_BD
Participant
@leah_bd

#1. whats the best sun cream for tattoos? personally, I love Tattoo goo!
#2. does healing cream effects old tattoos in a bad way? I very much doubt it.
#3. what can damage a newly done tattoo and whats the best healing simple method? Try and wear loose clothing around the new tattoo so it doesnt rub, dont pick/scratch. Treat it as if its a broken bone, so be really warey of it.
#4. how to recognize an infection? When you first get it done, ink and plasma will ooze out for the first few days and it will be very sore (depending on body placement) but infection is usually yellow puss leaving the tattoo, red raw blotches of skin and a bad odor.
#5. how to apply healing cream? I had my biggest piece dond 3 weeks ago and im still washing it every morning and evening and applying cream, and will do for atleast another week.

When first done, wash with antibacterial unscented soap (I used johnsons baby bath), lather it in your hands, rinse slightly if its too heavy/thick/too much soap and rub on the tattoo softly, pat dry with kitchen roll (best to use as a: toilet hand towels harbour many germs and b)loo roll fibres stick to the tattoo surface) and then softly apply the scream so it has a very very thing shine, dont over apply

masamune69
Participant
@masamune69

any kind of cream!

masamune69
Participant
@masamune69

any kind of cream!

Leah_BD
Participant
@leah_bd

Bepanthen is good but I personally found it very heavy and sticky and switched to using Tattoo Goo within days

Adler
Participant
@adler
masamune69;82365 wrote:

#1 Any good sunscreen will do but don’t expose to sun and use sunscreen until tattoo is fully healed.
#2 Not sure what you mean but a healing ointment won’t effect an already fully healed tattoo. Regular lotion is good though.
#3 Sun, soaking, friction, dirt, etc.. Keep clean, use very little ointment like Aquaphor until peeling, then switch to fragrance free lotion.
#4 Excessive swelling or redness, puss, discharge.
#5 Small amount rubbed in 2-3 times/day after it’s clean and fully air dried.

And to each their own but I was told NOT to use Tattoo Goo because it clogs pores

masamune69
Participant
@masamune69

hey guys thanks for your answers..this is what i do:

#1. as sunscreen i use 50fps for sensitive skin and when not using sunscreen i wear multi layers of clothing so uv rays cant penetrate trough clothing.

#2. i continued a piece and i thought healing process might effect the old part.

#3. for healing i just wash it everyday with cold water and apply biafine (medical cream for 2nd degree burns and all other cutaneous wounds .. recommended by my tattoo artist) 3 times a day and after 2 weeks i switch to soft cream which i use for dry skin to keep skin soft…and always wear clean soft and loose shirt on it.

thats all i think…and another question…..is it necessary to shave the tattoo area although there is hardly any hair?!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
masamune69;82643 wrote:
…..is it necessary to shave the tattoo area although there is hardly any hair?!

For you to shave the hair after the tattoo is all up to you. Before the Tattoo the artist will take care of that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.