amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

A friend and I are looking at getting a new tattoo together. We have a chinese symbol together already with another friend, and we want to just get one for the two of us. Now that we’ve realized that everyone does the chinese symbol crap fresh out of high school and we’re over the thought of them being uber cool, we want to get somewhat matching tattoos, but at the same time not be the same thing. Confusing I know. We’re trying to find a pair of somethings that go together that grabs our attention and would look great as tattoos. If we were all about just getting a random ass tattoo we’d get like peanut butter and jelly tattooed on us as cute little cartoon dudes or something, but we’re not. She’s basically open to whatever I choose because her tattoos are basically just a random jumblefuck. Hers don’t match at all, but I have a nice piece that I’m working on on my back, so I have to find something that will flow with mine. Right now I have kind of a viney thing of flowers going up that covers about 60% of my back, and I’ve just added a sparrow to it as well.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Krissy

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

how about each getting half of a dollar bill that has been torn in half……………

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

I appreciate the suggestion, but that wouldn’t really go with the rest of my back. All of my friends tattoos are random, but all of mine (aside from my chinese symbol) go together and will eventually be on solid back piece.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

We dont know anything about you, your relationship with your friend, or anything else for that matter. Only you know what is the best tattoo for you.

As for a suggestion, how about you get the torse half of a care bear thats been cut in half at the waist, and your friend get the lower abdomen and legs. That would be quite unique ๐Ÿ˜€

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

it may not be the most original thing in the world but since you have flowers anyway what about a flower that has a bit more of a meaning – or one open one shut or something. either that or a dragonfly/butterfly/ladybird something like that, not the exact same ones but get a custom artist to do a slight variation with the design.

those kinds of things are the only thing i can think of that might match your backpiece, sorry ๐Ÿ™

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

Yea we were thinking we might each get a new bird but now we’re toying with the idea of night and day because my tattoo artist wants to fill in the background of my back with clouds and such eventually anyways. I have pictures posted of what my back is at right now. Its just hard to find something that’s we’ll both like. I’m a bid kid for sure but I like to keep it classy with the artwork that I’m gonna live with for the rest of my life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.